"All good?" he whispers, and I just nod in response.

"What did Rafe want from you?" asks Pope Kiara.

"Yeah he said, and I quote, "tell your boy that we know what he did." what is that?" replies Kiara.

"Um... where is he now?" JJ mumbles, as if he hadn't been staring at me and Rafe the whole time we were talking.

"Right there." Kiara turns around, and the two boys turn around as well.

"Great, the whole death squad." says Pope as JJ turns him back by his head.

"Don't stare, bro."
"Just warning you, bro. If they corner me, I'm coming swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now, all right?"

"Yeah, yeah." replies Pope.

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here." JJ holds up his backpack.

"Yeah, yeah. So, we just gotta stay in the group. They can't come get us if we're in the group." notes Pope.

"Like a school of fish." JJ adds.

"Stay in the school. Can't leave the school."

"I'm sorry, JJ... Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here." says Kiara upset. "JJ, there are kids."

"No! Kie, I didn't bring the gun. Everything's fine, okay?" replies JJ.

"Oh wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that, JJ."

"Did you know that?" she looks over at me

"What? um... I mean-"

"Oh my god not even you stopped him?" Kiara goes through her hair, stressed.

I don't say a word, because I didn't even try to stop JJ. In fact, I kind of wanted him to bring the gun. Because I know my boyfriend and what he is capable of, I know that even better.

"Founding principle , you guys. No secrets among Pogues. What is Rafe talking about?"

"Kie, it might go down tonight." replies Pope very very seriously.

"What does that mean? "Might go down tonight." What did y'all do?"

"Deny, deny, deny." whispers JJ to Pope.

------———————

It's already dark and the movie has been playing for a while.
I'm leaning on JJ's shoulder, but still, even though I know I'm safe with JJ, I'm scared. I'm scared of what Rafe will do to me as soon as I see him again. When he sees me, lying in JJ's arm. I know you don't do that when you have a boyfriend, but I'm just looking for protection from my boyfriend, I don't know how else to do it.

"JJ?" Pope whispers, tapping JJ's leg.

"What?"

"Gotta take a piss."