Enoch tossed his phone on the backseat and got out of the car

Enoch tossed his phone on the backseat and got out of the car. They were at a gas station in Missouri to get gas and snacks. Enoch walked into the gas station and went to the fridge thingies and got a Dr. Pepper. He walked over to the snacks and stood by Ingrid, looking at the choices.

Katherine walked over and looked at his pop, "Bleh. Really? You have bad taste," she said and Ingrid's head snapped over to look at her incredulously.

"Excuse me? Dr. Pepper is the best,"

"No it—"

"The. Best."

Katherine rolled her eyes and grabbed her snack and walked out.

"She just not gonna pay?" Enoch whispered to Ingrid.

Ingrid shrugged, "It's Katherine Pierce why would she?"

Enoch thought for a moment before jerking his head slightly to the right in a sort of nod, "True."

Ingrid leaned over to grab chocolate donuts, "Soo how's liver-boy?" she asked.

"You mean lover-boy?"

"I said what I meant and I meant what I said,"

"Okay," Enoch said slowly, "And he's an ass"

"How's he an ass?"

"Pressuring me to—"

"He better fucking not be or I'll kick his ass original vampire or not!"

"—talk to him on the phone," Enoch looked at her weirdly and ignored her small oh and continued, "and when I told him it scared me he basically made fun of me about it."

"I mean I guess it makes sense in a way because he wouldn't understand how scary talking on the phone can be because he's been asleep for like 100 years," Enoch opened his mouth and Ingrid hurriedly continued, "but I will still kick his ass if you want me to because no one makes fun of my best friend. No one."

Enoch smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too. More than anything," she smiled and hugged him for a minute before pulling away, "Now pick a snack we gotta get to
Denver so I can kick an original's ass."

"You don't have to do that"

"I'll be the judge of that."

•—•

"I'VE BEEN SO LONLEY BABY. I'VE BEEN SO LONLEY. I'VE BEEN SO LONLEY I COULD DIE," they all sang/yelled together while they sped through Kansas. Boring ass Kansas. It seems like there's nothing there.

"Ooh," Katherine said and began to pull into the parking lot of some bar.

"What are you doing?" Enoch asked.

"C'mon. It looks fun!" she said before smirking, "Besides I'm hungry."

Enoch sighed, "Fine."

Katherine went off to find her "smack" and Enoch and Ingrid kinda just stood there awkwardly for a minute.

"C'mon," Ingrid said holding out her hand.

"What?" Enoch asked, staring at her hand.  

"Dance with me," she said while grabbing his hand a tugging him forward, "we don't know how long Katherine is going to take so we might as well have fun,"

"You're right,"

"I always am,"

They were dancing in different ways that didn't always match up with the song, but they didn't care. They were spinning around and laughing and that's all that mattered.

Ingrid wouldn't let him drink though which sucked. No matter how much he tried to convince her she wouldn't budge and so Enoch didn't drink. Neither did she because she's a good friend who sticks with you.

The were doing a little conga line when Katherine came back. She danced with them for a little bit before she said they should go and so they left.

Enoch was yet again watching the world pass by as they went from Kansas to Colorado. He was lost in his own world, daydreaming of course, when Ingrid smacked his leg.

"What?"

"So where's Kol at?"

"Fuck!"

•—•

They ended up staying the night at a hotel and in the morning Enoch was trying to figure out where the fuck Kol was without telling him that he was in Denver. It didn't work, but Katherine went out and found him. Of course she did.

So Enoch stood there awkwardly watching Kol sit on a bench because he was too nervous to go talk to him.

"What the fuck, Enoch, just fucking do it," he whispered to himself. He straighten his back and began to walk over to Kol. When he got close and it looked like Kol was going to look at him Enoch hid behind a tree. Enoch snuck around and sat down besides Kol on the bench.

"I don't want company," Kol said without looking up.

"Rude and here I thought you'd be happy to see me, " Enoch stood up and Kol's head snapped up to look at him Enoch grinned, "Hello, darling,"

Kol just stared for a minute before slowly standing up. He pulled out his phone and called someone, "Hey, yeah sorry, mate, but I'm going to have to cancel. Bye" And then hung up.

"So what's there to do in Denver?"

Kol smirked and held out his hand, "I'll show you,"

Enoch took his hand.

AN: THAT TOOK SO LONG OH MY GOD. IM SORRY. now what did you think about the way i did the texts? i was thinking that maybe i could have little bonus things at the end of a chapter or little bonus chapters where it's like someone's social media. would you like that?

i hope everyone's in character. and by everyone i mean katherine and kol.

also if anyone cares when kol just had the speech bubble after enoch asked him if he tested him too much he was going to say "In fact I think you don't text me enough" but that's too much for kol.

i'm going to try and work out an actual writing schedule so we'll see how that goes. thanks for reading!