Chapter 6 : Hippogriff Crap

if i can survive the war
that i battle with myself
i can survive anything

-gemma troy

        Time in Hogwarts seemed to pass by in a nick of time for Dianna. Like usual, she kept to herself and her friends, but now that the Yuletide seasons was coming, she was becoming more distant. Out of all her friends, Draco seemed to be most affected with her coldness. They had gotten fond of eachother's presence and spent most of their time with eachother. He was hurt that the Slytherin girl barely acknowledged him throughout the week. He wanted to scream to get her attention, make a scene to be heard. But no, the girl had a stubborn and cold heart.

       'I don't understand why she's suddenly doing this to me.' He complained as he laid in the cemented bench in he courtyard. The boys – minus Theo who was stuck with tutoring Daphne – had been left with eachother because Dianna was apparently not feeling good. He threw the apple in his hand, catching it and throwing it once again as he stared at the blue sky.

        'Just leave her alone, mate. She'll come around.' said Blaise, trying his best to assure Draco.

        He knew exactly why the girl was becoming more closed off but he couldn't tell anyone. He knew that it wasn't his place. Dianna would never forgive him if he did.

       Draco sat up, catching the apple and looking at Blaise in suspicion.

       'Are you sure you don't know why she's being like this?' asked Draco.

       'For the last time, Malfoy, no. But let's just leave it alone, okay? Dianna won't be too happy with us sticking our nose in her bussiness.' He said but Draco had basically tuned him out as he saw the familiar blonde figure walking towards the Black Lake as she clutched something in her chest. Without any warning, he left the rest of them and followed her. He had seen a few Gryffindors go that way earlier. Knowing Dianna and her current mood, it could end badly for both ends.

       The girl was oblivious of him, as her mind was clouded with thoughts. Her birthday was nearing and that meant her mother's death day. It was a Slytherin Family curse that had taken away her mother from her. That whoever bore a child would die at labour. She never got to bond with her mother, no. And even though she was damned to feel no love, she still longed for a mother's touch. To have at least a symbol of a mother, something she didn't have for eleven-soon twelve-years of existence.

       As she arrived in the Black Lake she saw a few Gryffindors, doing what seems to be like studying. She didn't mind however, assuming they'd be too preoccupied to even pay attention to her. But alas, hushed whispers began to fill the silence of the air and Dianna heard it all. She glared at them, and realized that they were from the third year.

        'If you have a problem with me, come say it to my face.' She said with venom in her tone. A Gryffindor boy with brunette hair laughed as if finding her jab a bit ridiculous.

       'And what? You're gonna cry about it in your parents' grave?' She wanted to stab them, right then and on. It took every fiber in her body not to do so as she glared at the group.

       'No, but I now I will have a story to tell when they've made yours.' She retorted then, the raven haired Gryffindor glared at her in anger as their laughter died down. The group approached the Slytherin girl, anger evident in their faces.