Story

-Elizabeth's POV-

I gave Meliodas a sandwich and a cup tea before sitting down in front of him with my own. He started eating it and gave a big smile.

"Okay, Meliodas." I said, taking his attention.

"If you will stay here, I need to make sure you get better, if not, I have to send you back to prison." I said. He looked down at his half eaten sandwich and nodded.

"We will start after breakfast, okay?" I asked. He nodded and we continued eating. Meliodas was done before me and sat and waited for me to get done too.

When we was both done and sat in my living room, I said "We will start with your story. It's really important now."

He nodded and said "I think it begun when I was about two years old and Estarossa come to the world. I become jealous that he got all the attention. Even angry at him."

"Continue like that. It's going amazing." I said to reassure him a bit. He gave a small smile before continuing "I just ignored that feeling until I was 5 and Zeldoris was born. Both Zeldoris and Estarossa got more attention then me, so I become even more angry."

I nodded, showing I was listening.

"When I was 6, mom and dad started forgetting me completely. They forgot so often that they even remade my room to Zeldoris so I needed to sleep on the couch every night." Meliodas said. I nodded, listening carefully. This wasn't written anywhere in his file.

"It was when they all went on vacation and left me home, I heard a voice. It told me that he will give me as much attention I wanted if I did as told and I agreed to it." Meliodas explained.

A voice? Like in his head? Or was it from someone?

"The voice said that when everyone come home, I would give them a welcome home gift for them to see me. So I did as the voice said. Once they come home, I stood ready inside with my gift to them."

"What was it for gift?" I asked. He gave a small smile and said "The voice recommended different things, so I took his advice and gave them a real cat heart." He answered, making me gasp.

"A cat heart?!" I asked. He nodded and become quiet.

Oh god. This is worse then I thought.

"Continue, okay?" I asked. He nodded and said "I gave it to mom that went in first. She started screaming, making dad also come in. When he did, he threw the heart away and started yelling at me."

That's when tears started falling from his eyes and I couldn't help then to hug him and comfort.

"It's okay. Take some minutes to clear your mind and then we will continue." He nodded and continued crying a bit. Once the tears lessened, I said "Okay, let's continue."

With a nod, he continued "After about two more years doing as the voice said, I got more attention from the whole street, but they just said I was a monster or freak or something like that. Some would try to attack me and kill me, but the voice always helped me out."

I nodded, letting him continue.

"I lived like that until I was 10. Mom and dad still didn't give me the same attention as to Zeldoris and Estarossa. It made me a bit depressed. The voice had always helped me out so much, so I did as it said for the depression to stop." Meliodas said.

"Say what?" I asked. He gave me a smile as he said "It told me that if I ripped mom's heart out and gave it to dad, he would love me more then Zeldoris and Estarossa."

"You did it?" I asked. He nodded and said "I was happy when I saw that the heart still worked until I gave dad it, but it was crushed when he yelled at me and punched me in the face multiple times. Calling me names too."

"It's horrible." I said and gave him a hug. He hugged back and asked "Can we make a family together?"

It made me blush as I pulled away.

"Meliodas, we will talk about this some other time. For now, continue your story." I said. He nodded and explained "When I was 13 or 14, I got enough of all dad's beatings and stabbed him with my knife until he couldn't move anymore, like the voice told me to do."

He took a deep breath before saying "I continued to live in the house until I was 16. Zeldoris and Estarossa often used to go out with some friends the whole time and when they was at home, they tried to hide from me."

I nodded as he continued "I was jealous that they still had people who cared about them while I had no one, so I told Zeldoris and Estarossa that I wanted to meet their friends too."

"Okay, what happened next?" I asked. He looked at me with a smile before saying "They come home to us, but they didn't really want to hang with me. With Zeldoris and Estarossa's help, they tried to get away. It made me angry and the voice told me that if I showed that I was stronger than them, they would like me."

With a nod, I asked "How did you do it?"

"I ripped out two of all their hearts, but they just ran away instead of hanging with me. After that, the police came and asked what had happened, so I told them it. Then they said they would take care of me, but I didn't think they meant jail." Meliodas explained.

"In the prison then? How did it go with that voice?" I asked. He looked down and said "I'm always listening to that voice. It have helped me a lot, but it doesn't talk as much anymore."

"When was last time you heard it?" I asked. He thought for a bit and said "In our last meeting in your office. When you scolded me."

"What did it say?" I asked. He looked at me with a serious expression and said "To make you mine."