You didn't have to

Start from the beginning

---

The way U.A did exams is they piled them all in a day. Usually, it would be stressful for the average student, but the number of courses U.A students took was less significant than the average student. At least in the honors course.

English, Hero Studies, Art, and Math, were all subjects Mina struggled to do. She'd sleep during lectures or tease Toru during the classes. It wasn't that Mina didn't care for the lesson it was just school was hard. If she didn't understand then, why would she comprehend now?

She bubbled in the last answer on the test document and stretched her arms. She sighed a sigh of relief, grateful that she'd gotten through the exams without breaking down. She began packing her things to leave. Most of the class had left already. She almost made her way out of the door until someone tapped her shoulder.

"Ashido," A low voice mumbled. She turned around to see her homeroom teacher with his hand on her shoulder. He'd seen better days, his stubble grew into a beard, and his hair tied into a knotted, matted bun. There were more cuts than usual on his face. She frowned.

"Is everything all right, Mr. Aizawa?"

"Mmm," He hummed. "I'd like to talk to you before you leave," He tried to come off as calm, but Mina couldn't help but jump a little at the sound of his voice.

"Of course," She nodded. Aizawa opened the door and led them out into the hallway. The paper was on the floor now, so Mina could make out that Hagakure had left.

"I'd like to start by saying," He paused as if trying to figure out the words to say. "I'm proud."

"Proud?" Her eyebrows raised.

"Mhmm," He hummed. "You've been steadily improving since the start of the term in your academics. I trust that your practical skills will be high as well after break?"

"Of course!" She said suddenly."I've been working hard with my classmates all term. Ochako and Hagakure helped me study! Oh, and I even spar with Midori-"

"Midoriya?" He asked. "The pairing system ended a while ago."

"I know," Mina explained. "Midoriya and I still meet up from time to time to work together. I owe a lot of where I am now to him."

"Oh?" Mina could have sworn he heard the slightest bit of amusement in his voice. "I'm glad then. That's all. You can go now. Have a good break, Ashido." He opened the door and slid back into his classroom to watch over the students still taking exams.

---

Once she got home, she made a B-line for her bedroom. The first thing she wanted to do was take a long nap. She deserved it. A bit of guilt washed over her when she realized she was skipping the party her classmates threw, but she couldn't care in the slightest. Besides, Hagakure could tell her if anything happened.

She threw her bag to the side of her room and fell on her bed with a thump. She rolled over, feeling around for the boner for her hair. She sighed a sigh of relief when she felt the satin material and threw it on. She nestled into her bed, covers and all, and allowed herself to relax for the first time in a long time.

---

She woke up to the sound of knocking. Faint knocking , she noted. It wasn't Hagakure. Jirou bangs the door twice, along with Momo, and Ochako has a little rhythm she does. She felt around for her phone in the darkroom. at 2 am. Who in the world would-

"Mina?" A voice called. "You up?" They knocked again, this time a little louder.

"Yeah, yeah," She yawned. "I'm coming." She shuffled over to her door to open it to see-