Part 2

"Loki! Are you mad?!" Bellows Thor into the silent ballroom as everyone holds their breaths.
"Possibly" saunters out Loki as her untangles himself from Sif and gives his brother a shrug.
"She is our longest and most honorable friend! And you see it fit to exchange this... This passionate dance with her?! Even after all that I confided in you-"
"No! No, no, no, no! I know that look! I was only having a bit of fun, brother! It meant absolutely nothing at all. I would never want to ruin a friendship as dear as the one that we share with our lady Sif." Loki says defensively, even though he is deeply yearning for her on the inside, his brother must never know of his true feelings.
Thor eases his impenetrable glare to a smirk as he chuckles to himself and grabs a drink off of the beautifully lain table.
"To my brother, for all of his tricks and mischief and for never giving us a dull moment!" He takes a deep swig from the porcelain glass.
"This drink, I like it. ANOTHER!" Bellows Thor as he throws the glass on the ground which causes an uproar of laughter from the crowd... All except for Sif.
Sif looks at Loki in betrayal as she storms off to her bedroom. Loki longingly follows her with his gaze until he can see her no longer. His eyes are brimming with tears heavily laden with sorrow of a love never possible. She is the only life form in all of the galaxies that hr Hess felt do helplessly and insanely in love with. He just wanted what was best for her, and he know that, that would always be his brother. For who could learn to love someone from Jotunheim... Especially someone that has caused as much pain and destruction as him. Loki would just have to live with the fact that someone with her esteem and poise would never fall for him, but he could always cherish the moments that took his breath away by her and left his sheaf spinning. Loki pondered upon all of this and more, while he knew that self pitying would do him absolutely no good, he did it anyway. He snapped out of this reverie and grit his teeth together in determination. He slowly makes his way to her chambers while contemplating upon which words that he could possibly string together to let her know just how much she means to him. Before he has the time to formulate a plan, a column gets in his way and he makes an immediate face plant into the slab of marble.
"Almighty Odin!" He curses, as he pinches his nose to help stem the steady flow of blood from his nose.
He looks around to see where in the palace that he happened to wander off to, when he noticed that he is right outside if the giant wooden door of Sif's chambers. He slowly inches closer to the door and prepares to knock when he pauses with his fist raised in the air. On the other side of the door, he can just barely make out the quiet sobs of Sif. Loki confusedly cocks his head to one side as he wonders what could have possibly dampened the mood of his lovely lady so. He carefully knocks thrice in the wooden door and waits for a reply. The sniffling comes to an abrupt hasn't as he can hear the lock on the door slowly unlatching. A ruffled Sif with bloodshot eyes opens the door slightly to see who it is.