"Wait hold up, I'm getting a call," I Interrupt her and hold my pointer finger up as I'm pulling my phone out to check it.

"Holy fuck! It's the fucking- the-" I trip over my words as I try to explain who's calling but I think June already knows.

"Oh my god just answer the call!" she urges.

"Okay okay!" I quickly press the green answer button and greet the person on the other side.

"Hello? Yes, this is she... O-Okay, thank you... Thank you... You too!" I end the call and June immediately turns to me with an eager smile.

"Well?"

"I got the part! I'm going to be Vertigo in Marvel!" I almost scream, causing a few heads on the beach to turn in our direction.

We squeal together and she hugs me tightly, spinning me around and laughing.

"Let's go celebrate! This is so huge! I'm so proud of you!" She hugs me tight once more then we decide to go out to dinner to celebrate.

-First day on set-

"Oh my god, June, this set is huge!" I exclaim as we explore the set together. The producer allowed me to bring June, thankfully, without her, I would be a complete mess.

"Ooo snacks!" She completely ignores the amazing Marvel set in front of us and heads directly for the food which makes me laugh.

"Callie Atwood, you're needed on set." A man taps me on the shoulder.

"Okay, right away." I smile at him and he walks away.

"June, I gotta go. Don't be an idiot please and please don't get me kicked off the cast," I plead as I start walking to where the man went.

When I get there, I'm in complete shock. Standing before me are hundreds of people, cast and crew, doing their things all around the set. I recognize many of them, just by being in the film industry for so long. A few people in the mess of people stand out though and I'm completely breathless. Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, and Scarlett Johansson. Watching them stand in their circle and talk suddenly makes me doubt whether or not I belong here.

I'm greeted and instructed by multiple people. I have experience with a few movies so not much of this is new to me, I just do what I'm told and do it perfectly.

This movie is supposed to be the first time my character, Vertigo, is introduced so as of now, I don't have too many scenes or lines but according to the script, I come in much more later on.

We practice and film for hours on end. I watch June grow more tired, so much so that from where I am on set, I can see her almost passed out on my seat.

"Last scene of the day people! So in this scene, Captain America and Black Widow meet Vertigo for the first time. Remember you aren't friends... yet. I want Vertigo to use her abilities on Cap, knocking him out easily. The Widow and Vertigo get into hand-to-hand combat. Vertigo escapes. Just like the script. Got it? Good. Places!" The director instructs us and we all get into our rightful places.

I prepare myself for the fight scene but as always, I don't have enough prep time before the assistant director yells action loudly and we're forced to start acting out the scene. We start it with Chris and Scarlett just walking in front of a green screen that's supposed to be the woods later on and I sneak up behind Chris and put my middle and index finger of both hands on his temples, evidently knocking him out so he crumbles to the floor. I "disappear" from Scarlett's sight, her drawing her weapon but not knowing where to aim. I'm told to wait 3.5 seconds before revealing myself to attempt to do the same thing to her that I did to Captain America but she stops me and we get into our combat. She pretends to punch and kick me, I pretend to do the same and we go back and forth until the director instructs my escape.

"Begin escape in 3... 2... 1..." the director quietly announces.

With that, Scarlett throws her last fake punch to my head but I block it with one hand, the other striking her side and the combat is supposed to look like me twisting her arm and throwing her to the floor. Once she's flat on her back, I'm instructed to straddle her lap to keep her grounded and put my hands on the sides of her head, which I do. Our faces are a few inches away and my heart begins to pound out of my chest. We're staring at each other, waiting for the camera to be done filming our position and the director to yell the next set of instructions but I can't help but glance down at her lips briefly. Scarlett smirks from beneath me, not enough for the camera to catch but enough for me to blush slightly. Suddenly, the director calls out for me to make my final escape so I quickly scramble off of Scarlett's body and out of frame, straight to June who's smirking.

June opens her mouth to say something but is cut off by a female voice from behind me say, "Nice job back there."

I whip around to see Scarlett standing with a gorgeous smile.

"Oh, thank you. You as well." I blush slightly again.

"Thank you. I think you fit Vertigo perfectly."

"Thank-" I'm cut off by someone calling Scarlett away.

"Well, I got to go. I'm looking forward to working with you. And I can't wait for the reshoots." She says the last part quieter, sending butterflies through my stomach.

I watch her strut away and as soon as she's far enough, I whip back to my friend. "June I am going to love this. This might very well be the best thing I ever do in my whole life."

She smirks and leans back, taking a long sip of her drink. "Oh, I know."