𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

Start from the beginning

𝟎𝟎𝟎. MAXINE AND ADAM GREW VERY CLOSE since the day they could walk. They are the best of friends. They've done and still do everything together. They would make up their own handshakes, they made up their own language once in the 6th grade. When they had birthday parties, they had to be together. They made Bob build them a treehouse on his days off from the job. They always got in trouble together in school, always had each other's backs through everything. Relationships, friendships etc. Bob and his wife could never pull them apart, even for a second. They were bonded to the hip. And to be honest, Maxine and Adam wouldn't have it any other way. They weren't in love in any way shape or form, they did love each other very much, just like two best friends can be, but they never went that far. Maxine believes that a soulmate doesn't have to be a lover, but it can be your best friend, who is always there for you no matter what. And that is who Adam is to her. The ying to her yang, ya know?

𝟎𝟎𝟎. AFTER HIGH SCHOOL, Maxine wanted to be a cop. Like her adoptive father, Bob. She looked up to him in some ways. Yeah, he wasn't always there for her and Adam growing up because of the job, but she didn't care. She will always be indebted to him for taking her in and not abandoning her like her so called mother did.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. BEFORE MAXINE went into the police academy, she went to Central Chicago University for criminal justice, where she met Mickey Jacobs. She had never met someone that had her so mesmerized before. She was in love with his forest green eyes the moment they met, and Maxine had a lot of trust issues so this was new for her.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. A FEW MONTHS AFTER THEY MET, Mickey and Maxine started dating. They were so crazy for each other. An epic love, some would say. Much like Adam and Maxine, you would see Maxine and Mickey together all the time, couldn't pull them apart. Mickey was Maxines first true love, sure she said she loved these other guys in high school, but they've never did anything for her, but Mickey? Man, she fell hard . . . very hard.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. THREE YEARS GO BY and both Maxine and Mickey are in the police academy. Both passing with high marks and flying colors. They were accomplishing their goals together and couldn't have been happier with the way things were going. Until . . . Mickey got re enlisted into the military ( the rangers, where he met Jay and Mouse ), something he failed to mention to Maxine. Of course she was upset, she didn't want him to leave. But she couldn't do anything about it and she made peace with that.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. THEY WROTE LETTERS TO EACH OTHER, she fell more in love with him. And after a year went by, after she stopped getting letters 7 months in, she thought something was seriously wrong, that he was hurt or he got killed. But to Maxine something worse happened, he came back, got out of the rangers and didn't tell Maxine he was back. He never reached out to her, like she meant nothing to him. She was so heart broken and Adam was left to pick up the pieces, as usual. More walls built up around the ones she thought Mickey could knock down, but now are triple locked behind steel doors.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. RIGHT BEFORE MAX MADE DETECTIVE, her sergeant thought she was useful enough to work an undercover assignment and she thought it was an honor that she was even mentioned to be sent to do some undercover work. Man, was she wrong. When Maxine made detective when she was 26, ( the youngest to make detective the cpd has ever seen ) she knew she had to step up her game. Make it known that she was the most badass cop that Adam hyped her up to be. Even after everything she went through while undercover.

𝟎𝟎𝟎. AFTER WORKING FOR MONTHS IN THE GANG UNIT, one of the toughest units in the cpd. Hank Voight, one of her mentors, ( her partner when she worked gangs ) brought her onto his new unit, after he had gotten out of jail to start one of the most elite units in all of cpd, the intelligence unit. It was an amazing honor, that he had even considered her. And unknowingly to her, Voight thought very highly of her. And he trusted her, which is very hard to come by from the Hank Voight.