one year later

(Y/N), Upper Cable Car Station: 21:17

Jessica's sister
Confident
Alluring
Creative

(Y/N) Riley sits on the bench beside her sister, Jessica

(Y/N) Riley sits on the bench beside her sister, Jessica. She checks her nails and Jess steps up from the bench, but after walking some distance, she hears a loud thud from the cable car station door.

"Ahh! What the hell?!" She shouts, making (Y/N) rush to her, laughing once she sees Chris and Sam inside the cable car station.

"Jess! Hey!" Chris calls.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" Sam adds and the pair make their way over.

"Uh, are you guys having a really weird stroke?" Jess asks and Chris motions around him. "We're stuck in this stupid thing."

"Can you please let us out? Pretty please?" Sam calls and (Y/N) pushes the button, allowing the two to join them.

"Oh. My. God. I thought we were goners, another ten minutes in there and I would've chewed off my own leg." Chris jokes and Sam grimaces at his humour.

"Aw, sick, Chris."

"Look, I got a lot of meat on my bones. This is all muscle down here." He continues, indicating to his legs.

(Y/N) chuckles, shaking her head at his behaviour and he crosses his arms, pointing accusingly at her. "What's this I hear about our dear class president, Michael Monroe?"

Shocked at his statement, the (H/C) looks between Sam and Jessica, both already staring at her. "I - I don't understand?"

"Drama." Chris whispers. "Between him and Em, I hear he dropped her because his eye's on someone else."

"And that's something to do with me, because?"

He raises his hands in a mock surrender. "You're always in people's business -"

"Excuse me? I am not -"

"- and you and Mike have seemingly become friends this past year." Chris concludes and (Y/N) purses her lips.

"He's still a douche." She reassures. "We're just mutual about it."

"Okay." Chris makes sure to drag out the 'y', turning to the other two. "Let's just get up to the lodge already. Getting tired of all this nature and junk."

"Good idea. I am freezing." Jess agrees and (Y/N) smiles. "You guys go ahead, I'll wait here for anyone else."

"You mean Mike?" Chris corrects and she glares at him. "I mean, Em or Matt, maybe even Ashley." She says Ashley's name in a sing-song voice, teasing Chris and he clears his throat.

"Whatever, Sam?" He turns to her, where she was standing at the rail and looking out across the view.

"Did you see this view? I mean, holy cow! Sometimes I forget to just, stop and take it all in."

***

21:41

(Y/N) puffs out her cheeks, picking the fabric at her fingerless gloves. She leans her head back, taking in a breath. Even if she was civil with Mike, she hoped to god it was anyone else coming this way.

Out of boredom, the teenager picks up her phone when a snowball crashes into the wall near her head. It makes her jump and she drops her phone back on the bench.

Her eyes scan, coming across Mike, who couldn't contain his laughter. Biting her lip, she takes a stand. "I know you did not just do that, Munroe."

"Put your hands where I can see 'em. We've got you surrounded, Riley."

"Oh, Mikey boy is trying out a bit of role play is he?" (Y/N) pouts, sprinting forward and cupping the snow in her hands. She is quick to retaliate, hitting him in the chest and he stumbles slightly from the impact.

Whilst he was slowed, she makes for the bench, ducking behind it. Annoyed by his presence, she can't help the smile: there was no way she would allow herself to be beaten by him.

"Where are you hiding, little chick-a-dee?" He hums and (Y/N) crouches, throwing the snowball.

"Bull's-eye!" She shouts in triumph.

"Hey!" He calls, watching her run to another cover and he aims, but she is better. She dodges, the snow missing her by a mile and he curses.

"Gotta be quicker if you wanna play in the big league." (Y/N) jokes, a bird flying over her head and landing on the rock in front of where she was hiding.

She peaks her head out, not seeing signs of her target and frowns slightly. "I know you're there, Michael, you can't hide."

He kneels behind a tree, gathering the snow together and she grins, taking shot. It hits his back, making him laugh. (Y/N) sits back down, taking breaths and regaining herself. Once she looks out again, he had disappeared.

She waits for a couple seconds, but can't see any sign, making her stand and walk out into the open. "Hey?"

Mike suddenly grabs her, his arms snaking around her waist and the pair topple over. She lands in the snow, Mike on top of her and she groans.

"I think I win." He states, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

(Y/N) smiles, luring him in. His demeanour drops, every sense of cockiness he had forgotten as he starts to lean in, taken by the plumpness of her lips. The rosy reds of her cheeks and the shine of (E/C).

Beside her, she had stretched her hand across, her fingers wrapping around the texture of snow. Without warning, she brings it up, throwing it at his face and he looks away, spluttering.

"I'd say that's in my favour. I win, Mike." (Y/N) says and he shakes his head, turning back to her gaze.

"You play a cruel game, Miss Riley."

She hums in agreement. "Are you planning on spending the weekend out here or?"

"I mean, I wouldn't mind." He prompts, an eyebrow raised and she runs a cold finger from below his eye to over his lip, pulling it down slightly.

The action catches him off guard, making her laugh and he feels embarrassed at the thought she was serious.

"It is breathtaking." She whispers and he rolls his eyes, pushing himself off.

"Come on, we'll freeze to death." Mike grumbles, grabbing her hand and hauling her up. She brushes herself down, walking ahead.

Mike stares after her, mentally beating himself at how he lets his guard down around her. (Y/N) didn't know it, but he was weak from her. She was chaos and oh how he wanted a part of it.