"Im sorry too" I whisper.

Hes quiet again for a couple of minutes, until he pulls his hand from mine and props himself up properly in the bed.

"Come here"

I sit up slowly from the chair, trying to decrease the pain in my back. Hes patting the bed beside him, asking me to lay with him.

So I do.

He moves over a little, making room for me. I climb in next to him, being careful not to hit any wires or needle spots.

I drop my head to his shoulder, and he takes up my hand again. Theyre small and simple gestures, but right now they mean the world.

He still smells the same, like honey or some sort of lemon.

"What made you come back?" he asks me, his voice coming out like more of a drawl.

I wonder why we're both keeping our voices so low, but im not complaining. Its nice, its keeping the energy radiating from the room calm.

"The phone call"

He turns and looks down at me confusedly.

"The phone call?"

"You know t- oh"

Im trying my best not to smile, but eventually I cant stop myself.

"How do you know about the phone call?" he asks, smiling a little when he sees me smile.

The situation is dark, but the fact that we know hes going to be okay now sort of reduces the entire scary aspect of everything.

Even though we've been apart for months, even though everything has been so so shit for ages now, we can still talk as if nothing has happened.

Im grateful for it too, I know we'll get around to discussing the important stuff later, but right now? Right now im just happy to be with him again.

Right now it feels like everythings going to be alright.

"I was there for the phone call" I answer him simply.

The confusion doesnt disappear from his glance, and now im starting to laugh at how dumbfounded he looks. Hes clueless about alot right now.

"Wilbur came back to England with an entire plan to get me back to you" I explain.

I can see the moment realization starts to hit him, and then he looks away from me with a small smile thrown on his lips.

"So I have Wilbur to thank?"

"You could say that, yeah" I answer, laying closer to him.

He presses a small kiss into my hair, dropping his head to sit comfortably on top of mine whilst he continuously plays with each of my fingers.

God, how ive missed this. How ive missed him.

This feels like a dream. Im still tired, so I dont think any of this is coming through properly.

"And, well" he starts out awkwardly, "what about how all of this started?" he mumbles, his head still pressed up against my hair.

"What about it?"

I patiently wait for him to phrase is sentence properly.

"That im Clay, that I left" he hushes into my ear, "all of that"

I think about everything thats happened, about how all of this began.

Im still a little pissed about it, of course I am. But its nothing major anymore, the shock that I nearly lost him over something that couldve been so easily fixed has completely changed my views on the entire situation.