Missing You - Chapter 2

Tin sipped his coffee as he leaned against the railing of his balcony, looking out at the pool below him. He relaxed as the warm coffee slowly woke up his mind.

He originally wanted to get a room at the IC-assigned hostel building near the university but realised quickly that the other students might invade his and Can's privacy when they see Can go to his room. The hostel room likely will have thinner walls too. This condo was smaller than what he was used to back at the main house, but came with gym facilities, a pool and a parking lot downstairs, and it would not be too much space for him and Can. That is assuming that he is willing to move in here, or at least he is able to talk to his mother into allowing him to spend some nights here.

Yesterday was the first time he brought Can to the condo. He did his research on the area and made the decision straight after viewing the apartment, making arrangements with his secretary to ensure the refurbishments were done as soon as possible. He only realised last night that he had jumped ahead in his impulsiveness, that Can assumed he would come over only when they needed privacy. The two of them only started officially dating a few weeks ago and both were still adjusting to having each other in their lives.

Before he went on the short trip to England, he was requested to attend a dinner at home with his father and mother. During that dinner, his father corrected his mother's misconceptions about Tin about the past drug accusation, Tul's actions, and how Tin was to be given no pressure about who he would end up marrying or what he decide to do in the future. His mother was horrified that she had thought the worst of him for so long, believing the papers and what Tul said. Tin admitted to his parents that he did misbehaved for a short period of time after he returned to Thailand. He also told his mother that he was dating Can, giving some quick information about him. His mother was not concerned that he was dating a boy, but more concerned that Can was not from a prestigious family. She started saying that she was sure that she could get Tin another boy from a family with better standing, if he really wanted a boyfriend. She only stopped when his father said that he had already met Can and fully approved of him and she was to be accepting of him whenever he comes for future family dinners. Tin only rolled his eyes at his mother's shallow views and told her that it was not about him wanting a boyfriend, but about him falling in love with Can and he happened to be a boy. His father also revealed to his mother that Tul was finalising his divorce and Vadee would be leaving Thailand after the divorce, and Phupha would stay with Tul and the Medthanan family. It was a night of surprise for Tin's mother.

He remembered Can mentioning the night before that he wanted Tin to spend time weekly with Phupha. It was small gestures like this that really touched Tin, and made him realise that Can really was a caring person. He might not have come from a family with money, and he talked as much as he could eat, but his parents brought him up with sound values. It made him feel like a horrible person sometimes because he could be rather intense at times and pushy when he did not get his way. He behaved like Phupha at times. Can just tended to talk a lot, sometimes with no filter between the mind and mouth.

Suddenly he heard sounds from the bedroom and saw Can opening the door in a hurry and rushing out of the room half-naked. Can braked at the sight of Tin at the balcony and just stared at him.

"Looking for me?" Tin asked with a raised eyebrow.

Can just stared at Tin with huge eyes and opened his mouth to say something. He then paused and finally said, "I'm going to brush my teeth." He then rushed back into the bedroom.

Tin leaned his back against the railing and finished his coffee. He suddenly remembered the vague mutterings he heard Can saying the night before. Can muttered "Don't abandon me" in the last few moments before coming during their love-making. Tin was rather surprised at that, as that was something usually said by Tin, not Can. Can was likely unaware of what he said at that moment.
Can stepped out of the bedroom again after a while, this time no longer half-naked, and glanced at Tin. Tin waved him towards him and Can moved towards the balcony. When he was close enough to Tin, Tin reached out to Can and tugged him into a hug. Can allowed the hug with a frown and tried to relax his body as he leaned against Tin.