She stays quiet until we reach a certain part of the field where she then stops. She kneels down and looks into the distance.

"Sit down. I want to tell you a story." She taps the ground next to her.

I do as she says and sit down next to her. "Go on. I'm listening."

"Around a century ago, us Marleyans got into a war with the Eldians but we are also Eldians. Marley is divided into two unequal parts - the Liberio District and the rest of Marley." she explains. "We are in the Liberio District since we are Eldians and can turn into titans whereas normal people outside Paradis and here can't. There was once a girl called Ymir Fritz before the war. She was enslaved to the king and was a normal girl until she wandered somewhere where she shouldn't have. Whatever she found managed to give her extra spinal fluid so she could turn into a titan - she was the first Eldian to turn into a titan. The held the power of the founding titan and the king used her for her powers. He had ordered her to destroy Marley and certain parts of the world so she did. The war broke loose and everyone wanted Eldians dead but Ymir saved us all by hiding us behind walls."

"Wall Maria, Rose and Sina." I stop her for a few seconds before she starts again.

"Time passed peacefully for 13 years before the king had decided for her to be eaten by her children - Maria, Rose, Sheena and Aia. Maria, Rose and Sheena managed to get the vital parts of Ymir's body but Aia only got her fingers. Whatever was in those fingers is something we don't know. We believe there was some sort of fluid but not even Ymir knew about it. The founding titan was split between the first three girls as Aia managed to get her own titan - the Elemental Titan. She was very rarely talked about in public and wasn't even noticed half the time. She quickly learnt about her powers and gained control of them and that's when she decided to rebel against Paradis. She ran away and demolished towns and caused major disruption. Aia managed to get away with a small amount of people that wanted to follow her lead - traitors of Paradis. They found their way across the ocean and found Marley. No one knew where they came from so the ruler of Marley made a decision and gave us Eldians a piece of land were we could stay. Aia was Queen of the LiberioDistrict and she demanded that any prisoners from the mainland should go to Paradis and be turned into titans. A lot of the time, it didn't work since no-one from the outside world could tell if they were an Eldian or not. It did work sometimes and this has gone on for ages. She soon had three children with her husband. After 13 years, Aia was still alive and no-one knew why she wasn't dead, so soon came her day when each of her daughters ate one of four fingers. One contained one element, either water, earth, air or fire. All was picked apart from the air element. Aia had no purpose in this world from then so she was taken back to Paradis to get eaten by titans. On her journey back, she insisted for her other finger with the air element to be cut off and be thrown into the ocean and that is what happened. She was never seen again. The three daughters knew it was their job to keep passing down their Titan abilities but only one of them could manage to bare a child - the oldest. She gave birth to me and only me. They were ready to give me their powers by the time I was six but I refused. I wasn't ready to hold all that power so they kept it until I gave birth to my first three children."

My eyes grew slightly wider. "I ate someone's finger?!" I whisper loudly. It made me feel sick to my gut. "Disgusting."

"Yes, you did. You, Binsa and Noah. Once you all had your share, those three were sent to Paradis to get eaten as usual since they had no purpose anymore. You will need to carry on that 'tradition' when you have children." She tells me.

"So why aren't I dead?" I ask. "It's been more than 15 years."

"It is said because that Aia didn't manage to eat one of Ymir's vital body parts, the curse doesn't apply to the person who holds this power." She explains.

"And is there anyway to get that air element back?" I ask.

"If one body holds the fire, water and earth it will create air and that person will be the elemental Titan." She tells me. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason." I had a plan in mind. I stand up and look down on her. "I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm not going to die by losing a finger and no one is going to eat it. I'll die when I want but not by titans."

I stroll back and find William talking to Binsa and Noah. The candidates and Warrior Titans were all looking happy while talking to each other.

I didn't know what to make of that story. If it was true then I'm related to many royals but that's hard to believe.

"Oi! Magath!" I shout at the man.

"It's Commander for you." He tells me.

"You're not even a good Commander compared to the one Paradis has and used to have." I smirk. "Anyway, what are we doing?"

———————————————

"You want us to fight? How long for?" Binsa asks.

"Until one team has given up." Magath replies.

"But it's two against one!" Noah points at me.

"It is said that the Fire element is the strongest out of all of them. (Y/n) will be fine." Magath convinces then. I roll my eyes and go to the other end of the field. I heard everyone go quiet and all eyes fell on me.

I turn around and see Binsa and Noah getting ready to fight. They both were kneeling down and their hands were on the ground. They probably used the same technique as me but they were possibly more experienced.

They decided to take the first move and it totally caught me off guard. Binsa had lifted her arm up into the air and a massive water tornado came spinning my way. I quickly raise my arm too and large flames reach up to the sky around me.

Nothing seemed to have happened so I put my arm down and the flames die out. I look up and see steam rising from no where. Had the water evaporated?

I look back towards everyone else and they looked surprised. I couldn't let their emotions get to me so I turn back to the other two and prepare to fight them. I take off my icy blue gloves and stuff them in my pocket.

Binsa stands up straight again and Noah kneels down instead. He keeps his head down and doesn't look up. He mutters a few words to himself before a large tree starts to form with him on one of the branches. He points at me and most of the branches stretch towards me.

Each branch had very sharp ends and if they were to get too close to me, they would pierce straight through my body.  That wouldn't be nice at all.

They were coming at me at sonic speed so it was too late for me to use my shield. There was only one option left.

I don't move and I put my arms out to the side of me and wait for the branches to reach me. They tear through my thighs, shoulders and leave small gazes and scratches on my body as they continue to move around me.

I grit my teeth to not let out a scream and I smirk at them. "Wood doesn't necessarily work with fire, does it?" I put my hands on the pieces of wood and they all catch on fire as they retrograde back to the tree.

It goes up in flames as Noah jumps down and gets away from the fire. They were clearly angry by the looks on their faces - but for what reason? I haven't done anything yet.

The other two kneel on the ground next to each other and link arms. The mutter something and a large light comes from behind them. Smoke appeared from around them and a Titan was revealed coming my direction.

It was at least 14 meters high and was a bit like my titan. It had shoulder length hair that faded from brown to blonde and it had glowing green eyes. Its muscles were shown on its face, the side of its torso and parts of the arms and legs. The rest was skin. It had holes in the sides of its cheeks and it let out a roar.

I then also kneel on the ground with my hands on the grass. "Protect me." A large shield surrounds me. "Titan." A 15 meter Titan appears from the earth and my vision is transferred to it. I stare at the other Titan. "This ought to be good."