Dare-devil

It was the next day and the birds chirped outside my window. It was fairly quiet - all I heard was horses going past or people chatting.

I couldn't take my mind off what had happened the day before. I last saw my friends yesterday and I look like I have switched teams. There was no way I would just abandon my friends for Marley.

I get up and sit at the side of my bed. I look over at the small table that was next to me with a candle on it. There was a glass of water and a bottle of alcohol on it along with a note.

"Once you read this, get dressed into your uniform. Go down the long end of the hallway and go down the steps and meet me in the cellars." It read.

"Who is it now?" I ask myself before walking to my wardrobe and twisting the knob. It seemed that my hand had cooled down and no longer left marks.

I look inside and see a uniform in there. I take it out and place it on my bed.

I undress myself out of my old clothes and put my new ones on. I couldn't really shower since I didn't have access to one yet which was quite a pain. This was a time when I needed a relaxing shower.

I put on a velvet skirt, that reached almost the the floor, and a white shirt on top - along with an oversized, thin coat that reached up to my knees. I put on a pair of boots that reached up halfway up my leg. This reminded me of the uniform back in Paradis.

There was then an armband laying on the bed. It was red with a blue star in the middle and blue edges.

"Now which arm do I put it on?" I ask myself. "I'll put it on my right arm 'cause that's got to be right." I smirk at my awful joke but the smirk doesn't last long.

After I finish dressing up, I put my hair into a neat pony tail and I head out of the door.

"The note said to go to the long end of the corridor and go down the stairs... so I will go this way." I talk to myself. I turn the corner and walk down the long side of the corridor. There were stairs leading down at the end of the hallway so I decide to go down them.

I get to the bottom of the staircase and look around. It looked like an abandoned prison or it just had many empty cells.

"I assume you got my message then." I voice says from behind me. I turn around and see someone sitting on a chair with a blue hood covering their face. "It's been a long time since I have seen a face like yours." they say.

"Who are you? Why did you want to see me?" I ask.

They stand up and walk towards me. They put their hands on my shoulders. "It doesn't matter who I am - I just came to give you advice or rather a warning."

"A warning? Please tell me you are getting me out of here." I beg.

"I can't exactly do that. Listen. Just hold on for a few more years here. You will be involved in one major war but you will be fine. Just beware of what you do after that." They say.

"Are you a person that can read the future?" I ask.

They sigh. "I suppose you can say that. But listen carefully. Your choices are important - they will determine what your fate will be so choose the right choices for the rest of your life." They repeat.

"How am I supposed to do that all the time? Who even are you?!" I pull off their hood and unleash a woman. Her hair was tied up and she wasn't that much taller than me. Her eyes, however, were orange with a white pupil. And then I remember.

I study my face in a nearby window. My eyes were glowing yellow and orange with a white pupil.

She had the same eyes as my titan. Was she like me? Even...was she me? I stand there and just stare at her eyes while she doesn't say anything.