Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we kind of had a run in with them this morning..." Thankfully Damon came to my rescue because there was no way I could take them all on at once, not that I could fight anyway but I'd give it my best shot.

And of course, Kaygen wasn't in school, I wonder what he meant when he said he had a bad night. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

"Yeah, Damon got there just in time," I smiled, embarrassed that if it weren't for him, I probably would have got my ass handed to me.

Ash nodded as we walked down the corridor together, I felt bad that I haven't had the time to talk to him, but my anxiety was still rising, I was so worried something had happened to Damon, I couldn't find him anywhere, nor any of his pack members, it made my mind race with all sorts of thoughts that only made me feel worse.

"So, what happened?"

"I kind of-really need to find Damon," I said, I was tied between worrying about my boyfriend disappearing and feeling bad for not talking to my best friend.

"I saw him rushing out of school earlier," he said confused.

"You did?" I grabbed him suddenly. "Did you see where he went?" I asked, desperation leaking through my words.

"Sorry, I didn't. Is everything okay, L? We can talk later if you need to go." I didn't deserve him.

"I just need to know he's okay." I didn't like the feeling I had in my chest, Damon wouldn't just leave without saying anything and I couldn't get hold of his phone.

"Sure, man. Do you want me to come with you?"

"Nah it's okay, thank you for being the best friend I have ever had, I promise I will make it up to you and tell you everything, how about you come over to mine tomorrow after school?"

"Only if you hang around for practice." Shit, urgh he is gonna make me sing again, isn't he?

"Fineee," I sighed out, and he laughed.

"Go find your man!" He shooed me off, rolling his eyes as I grinned brightly and made a break for the front door.

Damon's car was still in the parking lot which means he probably went through the woods, this is definitely some pack business, I just hope he's safe.

I took the bus to Nate's which was mostly empty for the time of day and I was silently praying the driver would step on it, honestly slowest ride everrr.

I was practically bouncing in my seat by the time we finally got to my stop and I jumped off, throwing a quick thank you to the bus driver.

The driveway was empty, but I knew Kaygen would be here, so I knocked just in case Nate's family was home, I heard his mum and sister live here while Nate mostly stays at the pack house, but I haven't met them before, nor do I know what they look like.

Kaygen opened the door and I gasped, his cheek was red and bruised with a cut in the middle that looked painful.

"What?" He asked, looking at me weirdly.

"Bro, what happened to your face?" I stared in shock as he looked confused before his eyes widened in realisation.

"Shit, I forgot," he seethed under his breath. I pushed my way into the house, letting the door close harshly behind me, I know Nate wouldn't do anything like this and as far as I'm aware he didn't go to school today.

He was fine when he left with Nate late last night and he took him home, which only left one other person, but I didn't want to believe it.

"Who-uh...who did that?" I stammered, afraid to know the answer, sure he is a bastard, but he wouldn't do something like this, would he? At least now I know what he meant by bad night.