Chapter 38 | Birds and the Bees

Author's Note:

MATURE themes within. For my much younger audience, please read on with caution or DON'T read at all.

Enjoy!

"It's all been shoved under the fucking rug this entire time." Sirius spat as Remus rolled over from his slumber to greet him with a tiresome good morning. It was the morning after El and Harry had told Sirius the news of his brother, a morning everyone was hoping would be filled with better information than the previous day.

Sirius sprawled out on his back, gazing up at the bed canopy as his husband's hand ran through his hair. "I mentioned to El last night that I feared it was a common theme in this family." Remus tiredly mumbled with his rough morning voice. Sirius looked to him, "I feel like a terrible big brother. I left him- I left him to rot with these people." He huffed as Remus woke up more, "It isn't your fault. Reg gave you no indication that it was like this. You must remember the way the whole family treated you- don't feel bad for something you cannot and could not control." Sirius huffed once more, rising out of bed and running his tattooed hand through his wavy hair, gripping on slightly as his hand reached the back of his head.

After adjusting his eyes to the dawn light, Sirius wandered nakedly over towards the windowpane, pulling open the curtains, not worrying about whoever was on the other side as Remus got up too, pulling on whatever clothes appeared tossed on the floor near the bed.

"If those two are right about Kreature, then surely he'll back with information, and Reg wouldn't have died for nothing." Remus reminded him as he came over towards the window, swooping his arms around Sirius' exposed hips and dropping his clasped hands near a more private area. "If Dumbledore had put his trust in Harry and Harry trusts El, then I trust them to bring light to this." Remus gently spoke, kissing his husband's shoulder as he nestled his head into him. Sirius chuckled lightly, letting go of his stress, leaning back into Remus, "I can't believe Dumbledore thinks Harry and our daughter are the best hope we have."

A few doors down in Harry's room, the two teenagers were beginning to wake up from their own snuggled slumber as El's body slept wrapped up in Harry's duvet with his arms cuddled protectively around her body. She murmured something unrecognisable as her eyelids ever so slowly drifted open. As for Harry, he had been awake for the last five minutes, observing her, tranquilly adoring her as he couldn't quite believe his luck.

"Morning, you." He mumbled sleepily as one of his hands went to her cheek, caressing softly. She gently smiled as she snuggled her back into him more, "Good morning, I forgot I ended up sleeping here." They both chuckled whilst Harry rested his head in her neck, wanting so desperately to kiss her sweet spot. "How did you sleep?" He asked instead. El thought for a moment, coming to terms with last nights sleep and how it was, in fact, the best sleep she had had in quite some time, but would it be too soon to tell him that? "Very well." She said, smiling, lifting her body from their position and stretching her arms out wide as Harry sat up, leaning against the bed frame to watch her.

CRASH, BANG, CRACK! "Oi, get off!"

El and Harry both sat up straight as they heard a very faint but loud noise come from down the stairs. Then, after that, Sirius' door opened up wide, and a chorus of heavy footsteps followed behind. Following that, Tonk's door opened wide, and her clumsy footsteps chased down after Sirius and Remus. El looked down at her body and only saw a loose baggy top and some striped pyjama shorts. She wasn't dressed for the occasion!

"Erm, Harry?" El asked as Harry raced out of bed and threw on his sneakers as fast as he could. He looked up briefly as El carried on, "Do you have a big jumper or something? I don't feel comfortable going downstairs like this." She flung the duvet off to reveal her bare legs and short shorts. Harry knowingly nodded his head and pointed to a chest of drawers, "There's a t-shirt just on the lid."