Chapter 26 - Ride back home

Start from the beginning

"No" I look away.

"I know it's hard. I was scared to death when your mom was going to have you. But when she did, it was the best moment of my life. Yes it will change your whole life but for good. How many more years do you want to spend drinking and partying? You are going to have a baby with the woman you love. I think it's time you mature up Hardin. You can do it son"

"Thanks" I leave and get in my car.

He's right. I love her and I want to spend my life with her. I shouldn't be scared anymore. She means the world to me and I am going to change for her. I will. And I would never let my child go through what I did.

(end of flashback)

Tessa's POV:

"Do you trust me? I want to change Tessa I fucking do. We can live together and raise her together?" he adds in the last.

I stay silent. I keep my eyes on the road instead of talking to him.

"The way you were behaving inside. I didn't like it. You need to stop acting like we are together. Because we are not" I blurt.

"Okay" he frowns. "Did you atleast consider giving me a chance?"

"I did. I don't want my daughter to grow up without a father too. I will think about it Hardin, but what you did is unforgivable. unforgivable"

"I know Tessa I fucked up again. I want to make it up to you for the rest of my life" he tugs his hair. "Can I ask you something?" he says in the lowest tone possible.

"Sure" I sigh.

"That night-"

"I don't want to talk about it" I cut him off. I know what's he going to ask.

"I'm so sorry that happened Tessa-" his eyes fill tears but I ignore.

I look over after sometime to find him passed out with his head laid back on the leather. His hair is messy and fluttering against his eyes by the wind. He looks so innocent while sleeping but is actually the opposite.

Now that he's back, it is like I found the last piece of my puzzle but I am not sure I want to put in it's place.

"No! no Tessa! no please stop for fucks sake no! NO! Tessa!" Hardin screams and I pull over on the side of the road.

His nightmares.

"Hey hey. Look at me" I hold his sweaty face between my palms.

"Tessa" he opens his eyes and hugs me as tight as possible. "I'm so sorry Tessa"

My heart says to comfort him and my mind says to push him back and that he deserves this. I go with my heart.

"It's okay Hardin. I'm here. Alright?" I rub his back as he holds me tighter.

"I'm sorry" he pulls back and wipes his tears stained cheeks.

These few hours I took to myself since yesterday, I thought about all this and came to the conclusion considering to give him a chance for our daughter. After all it's his flesh and blood. But he will only be the father of my child. I don't want him involved in my life. Only our daughter's. She doesn't deserve growing up without a father. I am not sure what I am doing but it is what seems right now. His showing up completely messed up my head.

"You want me to drive?" he asks sipping water.

"No we are almost there. Where are you staying?" I can't help but ask.

"Er- I don't know. I've been sleeping in my car"

"Oh" I feel bad but it is what it is.

"Can I stay with you?" he asks and I almost choke on my spit.

"What?"

"Sorry- I thought-" he shrugs.

I cannot believe his guts.

"Hardin. I thought about us"

"And?" he searches my face.

"I don't want to go back in our cycle. I'm done with you... but"

Hardin POV:

"But?" I ask.

"You are her father. I don't know what to do"

"Tessa I don't think you should stress about it. You will eventually forgive me. You always do" I say and I immediately regret it.

"Come again? Forgive you?"

"Sorry I meant-"

"Oh I know exactly what you meant. I cannot believe you Hardin. For a moment I thought you changed but no. And trust me I am not forgiving you this time. I am seriously done with you. Go back from where you came Hardin. Don't complicate things more." she snaps.

"I don't want her to be like us. We both had difficult parents and she doesn't deserve this Tessa"

She pulls over in her building. "Don't show me your fucking face again" she slams the door and leaves.

I look at her walking away and I have no idea what to do or say.

...

Author's Note-

I can't wait for y'all to read ahead.. I am pretty sure it's some good stuff. And don't forget to comment what you think. I love your comments! They literally make my day <3