Beside You - Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

“But how? How do I tell him something over facetime? Or over the phone?" I asked.

"You go up to our room and you call him.... it's nighttime there but you gotta tell him....." she said.

It was like 9 or 10 at night there, or somehtin gim horrible with timezones, but we had to have this talk... or I was gonna go nuts all day......

"Okay okay... I'll call him...." I said, and clicked on his name and smiled at his face, before pressing facetime and letting it beep.

Okay Jeny's right, I have to do this....I can do this...I can't do this....I can - "Hey beautiful!" Crap! I can't do this.

"H-hey baby cakes." I smiled nervously.

"Hey... what’s with the teary face? Why have you been crying?" he asked sadly. "What’s wrong?"

"Nothing just a long day.. I’m just tired." I lied.

Luke stared at me intently and got himself comfortable in what looked to be his bunk in the tour bus. "Then why do you look like there's a whole lot more going on then just being tired?" "I'm not." I said a bit too quickly.

"You're not what" he asked. "Nessie, my love, talk to me."

"I'm pregnant." I said.

His face went white as a ghost. "You.. you're...we... are you sure?" he asked.

“Yes..." I whimpered and showed him the test.

"Oh....... oh gosh, Nessie, I am so sorry..." he said.

"You shouldn't have to apologise for anything Luke. It's all my fault, I kept teasing and pushing your buttons all the time and.......fuck I'm so sorry Luke." I sobbed hysterically.

"No no... baby dont be sorry... this is.... incredible news." he cooed.

I bowed my head, unable to look at him and hid my face in my knees, rocking back and forth a little. "My fault, my fault." I mumbled over and over.

"Vanessa, baby... oh god I wish I could kiss you. Didn't you hear me? I'M THRILLED." he repeated.

I snoted and sniffled obnoxiously loud and peered out from my hiding spot. "Thrilled?" I squeaked.

"Yes.. baby, I was only waiting till I turned 18 to propose to you, that was it. I want to get married, have a family." he said, "This is BEYOND exciting."

"But.....what about the band? Your career? The tour?" I whimpered.

"What about them? nothing will change." he said. "Baby I’m gonna marry you after this tour, and the best part is now I have a baby to look forward to. If I have to fly home for things when I have time I will. And if I cant we'll facetime every appointment you will NOT go through this alone." he promised.

He meant every word he just said to me, I could tell. How could I tell? His eyes were shining bright, his smile was from ear to ear and his dimples were sticking out like sore thumbs. He really was going to be there for me.

I leaned over to grab a tissue and when I sat back up, all I could see in my phone screen was the crook of Luke's neck and the collar of his shirt.

"Honey what are you doing?" I snickered softly.

"Hugging my phone since I can't be there to hug you for real." He answered.

“Awww, baby......" I smiled. "You are so amazing."

"AHHH Calum I’m on face time with Nessie! PUT ON SOME FUCKING CLOTHES!" I heard him shriek, covering his eyes.

“She's seen you naked before, boy parts don't scare her." Calum said in the background.

"But yours do! I don’t want to see that!" I laughed.

"I DO!" Jeny announced with a laugh.

"Oh yeah did I mention Jeny's here?" I giggled as she tried to clamber over me to see her naked boyfriend.

"Calum I WANTS A PEEKS!" she whined.

"Facetime me beautiful and you can see all you want!" he answered.

"What about me? I dont want to see you having naked facetime. Who knows how that will end?" Luke protested.

"Usually naughty and orgasmic." Jeny laughed.

Poor Luke shrieked and almost fell out of his bunk. "Can't you go out the back and freak the shit out of the other two?"

Jeny laughed. "Relax we'll wait till he has his own room..." she said.

"You're a good friend Jeny." He grinned.

“Anytime dude." she chuckled. "But I am gonna facetime, so he better put clothes on, I miss his face."

"Awwwwwwwwwwwww!" Came the loud whine. "But he's getting a nice breeze."

"Yeah well I’m not getting naked and your friend needs at least boxers, but feel free to leave that beautiful chest in view." she giggled then flittered upstairs.

"Those two are so gross." Luke chuckled softly. "Gosh baby I can't wait for this... you go see a doctor first thing... and facetime me no matter the hour so we can hear a heartbeat okay? I love you so much."

"I love you too babe." I beamed. "I love you SO much."

"Alright baby I know you had a long shift, go get sleep. I'm exhausted and I want to dream good dreams about our baby." he cooed.

I couldn't help but grin like an idiot hearing him say our baby. "And I want to dream about you me and the baby. Our little family."

"Our family, and when I turn 18 I’m rushing back to marry you." he promised.

"You don't need to rush babe." I said. "Knowing you want to marry me is enough. Plus I'll be a giant whale."

"I don't care, it's about making your last name Hemmings that matters to me. Oh my god I can't wait to tell my mum." he said, brightly.

Uh oh.... I forgot about Liz. "Should I run and hide?"

"Nope, she loves you." he grinned.

For now, I thought to myself. "Then go ahead and tell her." I said with a nervous grin.

“Alright baby good night beautiful, I love you so much." he smiled.

“I love you too." I said.

We air kissed (which doesn't even come close to the real thing) and hung up.

I sighed and patted my belly. "I think we're gonna be okay little one. I have a good feeling."