THIRTY THREE

And so, with only a couple of weeks before the final exams, everyone started to cram and prepare. Even Akano had agreed to meet with Kirishima over the weekend at a diner near school to study in their own little group.

The small diner was somewhat empty with it being early morning, no one greeting the redhead as she walked through the doors and scanned the booths.

White sun rays shone through window and curtain just the same, and Yumi looked around the place for a few seconds before finding Kirishima.

"Sorry... Did I keep you waiting?" Approaching him, she apologized upon seeing that he already set up his stationary onto the table.

Kirishima waved a dismissive hand, getting up from his seat to greet her with a smile. "Oh, no. We just got here."

"Yo!" Abruptly appearing from behind her, Kaminari greeted as he held a laminated menu before haphazardly throwing it on the table.

Half-turned, Yumi sent him an inquisitive look. "What are you doing here? I thought you were studying over at Yaoyorozu's."

Kaminari shrugged as nonchalantly as ever. Aside from him, the four who Momo agreed to tutor all planned out schedules to go over to the girl's house and study. But to say house... It was more like a modern-style mansion. The group studied hard under Momo's direction and patience, but Kaminari wasn't with of them for the day.

"I changed my mind." He smiled, half-heartedly glaring at Kirishima from the corner of his eyes. 'No way in hell am I letting you be all alone with Yumi-chan, Kirishima!'

Said girl didn't engage with Kaminari's rather wicked thought; but it did work in alarming her of Bakugou's obvious absence.

"Where's Bakugou? We even went through the trouble of coming here because he was too loud for the library."

Kirishima timidly scratched his cheek, knowing that the workload would double on the red haired girl without Bakugou's help. "I don't know... I was meaning to tell you, but he hasn't texted me back."

"...That's okay." She shrugged, readily sitting down opposite the two boys. And she wasted no time in beginning the tutoring session. "So I can start with the problems on the midterm, right?"

Enthusiastically, Kirishima pumped up his fist. While Kaminari smiled nervously. "Yeah, I'm ready!"

"Can I see your exam papers?" She asked the electric blonde.

"Eh? Why?" He muttered.

Yumi blinked at Denki's aghast expression. "So I can see which subject and topics you're the weakest at."

"W-well... A couple, I guess.." Denki stammered from shame, nervous sweats on his forehead.

"Try all of them." Kirishima remarked.

Akano sighed, extending her hand out for them. "Come on. Time to show me what the damage is." She urged, and Kaminari eventually complied.

The damage was worse than she'd expected, and Yumi briefly wondered how the boy got into this school in the first place. 

Even Kirishima was taken aback, watching as his friend's grades got worse and worse with each paper they looked at. Yumi opened and closed her mouth, gaping at him like a fish after seeing his grades. Before she could formulate a response, Kirishima spoke up.

"Wh-Why are your scores getting worse?!" He exclaimed, and Kaminari shrunk into form.

"So you really are dumb. Dumber than I'd imagined, too." Yumi stated with a deadpan, adding salt to his wounds.