Issue 1: Gather the Titans

Tim Drake, leader of the Titans also known as Red Robin leads fellow Titan Rose Wilson and their guests Cassandra Cain and Caleb Millz into Titans Tower to meet with the other Titans. The four then enter the tower's main room with a large red semi-circle couch facing a wall with a large tv built into the wall, a kitchen to the left of the tv and a window that takes up the entirety of the wall behind the couch looking out at San Francisco. As they walk in they see three figures sitting on the couch being Garfield Logan, Bart Allen and Cassie Sandsmark.

"Cassie, can I talk to you?" Tim asks, barely entering the room.

"Ya, sure." she says, getting off the couch before the two of them walk off to the tower's control room/team meeting room which has a large T shaped table in the middle of the room and the farthest wall from the entrance is covered in computer monsters.

As they enter the control room Tim asks "have you heard back from any of the other Titans?"

"I have. Jackson, Jaime and M'gann called saying they couldn't make it." Cassie tells him.

"Damn it." Tim mumbles to himself before saying "I guess we're doing this with who we have here."

"Can't we wait a week for them to be available if this mission is so important?" she asks him.

"No, it's crucial that we strike as soon as possible. We don't know how many more of these new talons they've already made." Tim tells her.

Back with the other titans Rose and Cass have sat down near the end of the couch catching up while Bart and Gar play videogames and Caleb stands off to the side observing the Titans.

"Look I get why Tim wants the back up for this mission but do we really need the creepy guy over there?" Gar asks Bart while pointing to Caleb who is wearing a black and red variation on the Nightwing costume with a black and red leather jacket and glowing red eyes.

"You know what you're right, 'Night Hood' is really creepy." Bart responds.

"'Night Hood'?" Gar asks, confused.

"What? The blond guy looks like a cross between Nightwing and Red Hood so 'Night Hood', duh." Bart tells him like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Ok sure, but like why is he here? How could he possibly help us fight whatever Cadmus has cooked up this time?" Gar asks, turning to look back at Caleb again only for him to be gone.

"It's not about how I can help you, it's how you can help me." a slightly annoyed voice says from behind the two causing both of them to jump and turn to see Caleb standing there all of a sudden.

"What do you mean, how we can help you? This is our mission!" Bart says being the first to regain his composure.

"Do you have any idea who we're dealing with? Even the slightest idea of who the Court of Owls are?" Caleb asks, getting even more annoyed.

"The what of what now? I thought we were dealing with Cadmus?" Gar asks, trying to process what Caleb had said.

"Wait, the Court of Owls is real?! I thought they were just a legend!" Bart says, realising who they could be up against.

"Yes. The Court is very real and project-X is just their next step in regaining control over Gotham. So again how can you help me stop them?" Caleb says becoming all the more serious.

"I can turn into animals and Bart here is from the future and can run fast." gar says rather proud of himself.

"That's an oversimplification of things but ya." Bart responds.

"Why did Dick have to send me here for this, why couldn't it have been the Outlaws?" Caleb mumbles to himself, starting to turn away from Bart and Gar.

"Wait what do you mean Dick sent you?" Gar asks, recognizing the name.

"Oh ya Nightwing, my boss and the former leader of this team, sent me because for some reason you were going to try to stop project-X without me." Caleb tells them.

"Wait Nightwing is your boss not Batman?" Bart asks.

"Ya, and I probably should have introduced myself. I'm Redwing, Nightwing's" Caleb tells them and sighs before saying "sidekick."

"Well I'm Kid Flash and this is Beast Boy." Bart says introducing their hero personas.

"I know who you are." Caleb tells them.

"You do?!" Both of them yell in surprise and finally notice that Caleb's once red eyes are now an ocean blue.

"Waitwhathappenedtoyoureyes?" Bart quickly asks as soon as he realises they have changed colour.

"What are you talking about?" Caleb asks, acting confused.

"Wait ya, they were red a minute ago!" Gar says realising the same thing Bart had.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Caleb says as his eyes quickly flash red for less then a second.

"There they just did it again! They flashed red!" Bart yells at him.

"Oh that." Caleb says "those are my contacts connected to the bat-compurt they turn red when I activate them."

"Ok but why?" Gar asks.

"So you're in a room and the lights go out and all you see is a pair of red eyes emerge from the darkness heading towards you, you'd shit yourself." Caleb tells them.

"Ya you know what he's right I would." Bart says.

"All Titans to the meeting room now, repeat all Titans to the meeting room." Tim's voice comes over the tower's pa system.

"I guess that's our cue to go." Gar says before leading Bart and Caleb to the Titan's meeting room. As the three enter the room followed shortly after by Rose and Cass they see Tim, Cassie, Raven and Conner Kent already in the room waiting.

"Good you're all here." Tim says after all the Titans entered the room. "As you're all probably aware I've been a little stressed trying to plan an upcoming mission, this is that mission." Tim tells everyone while placing both hands down on the large T shaped table occupying the middle of the room. "A couple of weeks ago the Bat-family discovered that the Court of Owls has been working on a project with Cadmus and brought it to my attention due to our history with them. I then learned of a project that only had a name, Project-X. Caleb, would you take it from here?" Tim asks, receiving a nod from Caleb who walks around the table, to beside where he is standing.

"Until 3 days ago we assumed project-X was a weapon of some sort, now we know it's far worse. I tried to intercept a shipment from Cadmus to the Court to find 6 new Talons in side," Caleb says

"Um, i don't mean to interrupt but talons like from a bird or what are we talking about here?" Bart asks.

"Talons are the undead assassins of the Court of Owls." Caleb answers his question.

"Sonotthesamething." Bart quickly says before letting Caleb continue.

"Not at all." Caleb sighs before continuing. "But these were no ordinary Talons, these were new. From my brief encounter with them they seem to be clones with a stronger healing factor as well as 3 incredibly sharp blades that come out of both hands."

"How strong of a healing factor are we talking?" Rose asks.

"An explosion right here," Caleb says, tapping the bridge of his nose "barely fazes them."

"So how'd you beat them?" Cassie asks, growing concerned for the challenge ahead of them.

Caleb takes a deep breath in before saying "I didn't." through gritted teeth.

"Which is why we can't delay this mission any further, we have to strike now before Cadmus can make any more of these things." Tim says seeing the growing concern on Cass' face for Caleb.