"Sir?" I asked concern creasing my face. His face snapped up to stare at me, "is everything alright?"

"That is none of your business Miss (l/n). Anyways you shall be reorganizing the supply closet", he said his tone telling me other things must have gone wrong. I left my papers of doodles and my sketchbook on my desk before going into the closet. I started by removing everything and then putting it back into its respected places. I found some pre-brewed happy potion. It's kinda like an antidepressant. I turned it over in my hands.

"I wouldn't recommend it", Snape's deep voice came from behind me, "the effects never last", he added in a more hushed tone. I hummed in response and set it carefully on a shelf that had an H in front of it.

Snape POV

I watched her closely. She set viles down with delicate fingers. I watched her every move until she held a vile of happy potion. I knew that look- she wanted it. I quickly told her no before going back to my desk. Ten minutes of boredom later I went to her desk seeing a drawing of a raven surrounded by potions, a wand, a skull, and what appeared to be asphodel and roses. Of what colour I couldn't say. Upon seeing her class doodles my heart broke for the poor creature in my supply closet. Yew berries covered the paper. I looked down moving the first parchment to the side and seeing the next filled with wormwood and sparrows.

"Oh professor", she stopped as she looked at me holding a vile, "never mind I figured it out", she said before going back into the closet. I went and decided things then. This time to talk to someone I know will listen.

(Y/n) POV

As I had started to find an end to the pile I felt someone walk into the small closet behind me. I stopped my hand still in the air as two arms wrapped around my middle and the person buried their face into the crook between my shoulder and my neck. My senses were filled with the scent of ink and parchment, with petrichor and burning wood. I inhaled deeply and pulled a pice of chocolate from my robes. I tapped the white hands in front of me and pressed it into his palm. He lifted his head to stare at me.

"How will this help?" Snape sounded a little hurt.

"Chemical reaction sir", I said.

"Severus please- you aren't in a class at the moment", he responded pulling himself back to his intimidating height.

"Well Severus", I said turning the new word over in my mouth, "do you know the Victorian Language of Flowers?" I asked pursing my lips praying he didn't.

"Yes- think back to your first class with me. What did I say to mister Potter?" he asked and I stared at him.

"I deeply regret Lily's grave", I breathed. He gave a short nod. I felt blush creep up the back of my neck and onto my face. "So you saw the yew?" I asked looking down.

"Why do you have sorrow?" he asked. I closed my eyes and took in a sharp breath. I just took a step forward and clasped my arms around my professor. He tensed for a quick moment before wrapping his arms around me and bending to my hight.

"Sorry I'm sorry", I said letting go, "sorry I just".

"No need to apologize I understand", he said soothingly. I looked around the room and decided I didn't really want to go back to the ROR. I took parchment and wrote a short note to the rest of the people in the ROR.

I can't come back yet. Coast isn't clear. Don't worry I found a place to hide. (N/N)

I tied a blue violet to it and looked for some way to send it. Severus looked at me and quickly turned into a raven. "So it was you", I hummed running my hand over his glossy black feathers. He let out a begrudged squawk and I tapped his beak. I tied the note to his leg and sent Severus out the window. He came back a few minutes later with traveler's joy in his beak. I took it and he turned back to his normal self. I let out a happy sigh and settled back into the closet and began to organize again.