Prologue: Memories of us

3rd POV :

A golden haired girl sat in a garden filled with a thousand colorful flowers. Suddenly, they were scattered with the wind, which made this girl's ruby-red embellished dress fly over. She get up and sat down under that big tree. As she approached the tree she put her frail hand against the tree, inhaled, then closed her eyes.

"Please, I beg you save us, if anyone can hear me than please have pity on my beloved one. What should we do to satisfy this dammed destiny ? Can't we be happy like anyone ? Why we have to wear such weights, why do we have to carry a weight like this? We do not have to ask for anything and yet fate is on us." She said in a soft, frail but yet an imposing voice.

 She takes a deep breath and opens those eyes, she starting to put our hand on the tree.

"I thought everything would be okay, that I was going to have a life with a family that I didn't have in my previous life. I was ready to change my life, I wanted to know all the feelings that can exits when you have a family, friends, people who share the same suffering as you and who accept you as such. Why did everything .... disappear  ..... 

Her voice was clearly unsteady and tears began to flow. 

"Was our punishment for being so greedy ? Not only I wanted a father but I wanted to be loved by him, by everyone. I wanted a mother,  a sister, a brother, an uncle, an aunt, friends and a lover. As I thought, I didn't deserve all of them even if it is a fictional, even if I'm not real, I can't be too optimistic. Was too much for me to wish. I.. I"

Longer, clearer tears flowed from her deep, jewelled blue eyes. She quickly wiped away those tears with those shaking hands. 

 "Oh no I told Dady that I won't cry, he's going to say I'm a crybaby again. Oh my father, my beloved daddy , forgive me for leaving you, forgive me. Is it too much to ask for something common to all living beings, which is real or not, which is human or not."  She accelerated more and more and waved her arms violently at the tree.

"It is too much to ask to live normally, without pitfalls and without weight on the shoulders." She took a deep breath.

"NO I DON'T THINK. she said loudly. 

 Look everything is in ruins, do you hear the cry of innocent souls, the cries of my people, newborns are surely crying in the face of this tide of blood, of this disaster, that has become Obelia. Lucas, Ijikiel, Felix, Lily, My Uncle, Dad .... oh Daddy  ... no one is there, no one can tell me what to do. Why did you leave us all alone, I'm a good for nothing."

 She walked all around the tree as she sat down next to a brown-haired girl who was lying on a large white sheet. 

 "Jennette is still alive but I can't help her wake up, I can't even help myself. I beg you, tree of destiny, listen to me, listen to the others, their memories buried in me and allow us to start all over again. Protect us, protect this world. Give us a new dawn."

 A sudden scarlet light acted from the tree. The young girl turned to the tree and heard a voice. 

 "I can only promise you such a thing if you show me that you are worthy of such a request."

 "Who are you? Who is talking to me?"

"It's up to you to answer me."

 " I am Athanasia De Alger Obelia, I implore you to give us a chance."

 "And why should I do such a thing, I've already transported you to this world but you failed. How can I give to you and to your loved ones a second chance. Aren't you all selfish? I've given  plenty chances to you and your so called- beloved ones. Should you give up your life and let your soul to be vanish, after all your a just a human and this people are not even real. Why do care ? "