Chapter 8: Curse Womb Must Die

Start from the beginning

"Aren't you way too calm about this?" he asked looking at her as if she was crazy. She shrugged.

"Cursed spirits are the least of my worries right now. I'll be fine." As soon as those words left her mouth, the floor collapsed beneath her, pulling her into a dark chasm.

** ** **

Megumi's POV

Megumi watched, horrified as Mina held onto a small pipe which was the only thing preventing her from falling into the darkness. Just as she began to lose her grip, Megumi sprinted over and reached down his knees hitting the floor painfully as he grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled. Yuuji rushed over and grabbed hold of her other wrist.

"Damn it!" Megumi said through gritted teeth as they both felt Mina begin to slip out of their hands. Mina seemed nonchalant about the whole thing.

"You guys better come find me" she warned with a small grin at their horrified faces, before slipping out of their hands.

"!" they watched helplessly as Mina fell, the hole closing over her, leaving nothing but undisturbed concrete behind. The three of them stood there, stunned.

"New mission, find Mina first then hunt the special grade," Yuuji declared, storming forwards. Megumi placed a hand on his shoulder.

"With an innate domain like this, it's likely that whatever pulled her down is another cursed spirit. The special grade is still out there." Kugisaki pulled out her hammer and a handful of nails.

"Let's get to work boys."

** ** **

Mina landed with a thud on cold, damp concrete, wincing as she felt a sharp stab of pain shoot up her elbow. The rain from earlier had soaked her clothes and she was more aware of the cold than ever. She shivered at the lack of warmth the darkness offered her, clutching her arm and looking around as she took in her surroundings.

She could barely make out the walls that surrounded her, which appeared but a faint shadow in the gloom.

Mina stiffened, sensing the sudden emergence of a hostile presence. She couldn't place its precise location. She felt mild anxiety creep up on her as she sensed hostility surrounding her.

She groaned before cracking her knuckles and stretching, the walls around her beginning to waver as a creature, unlike anything Mina had ever seen before stepped out in front of her.

The curse looked humanoid, except for a large scorpion-like stinger emerging from its rear. Its large protruding eyes bulged as it cackled manically to itself as it dragged its claw-like limbs across the floor as it stalked towards her, its claws screeching against the concrete.

"Come at me bastard." She called out to her darkness, pulling out her katanas and twisting them expertly in her hands. The curse shrieked with some emotion she could only assume was a bloodthirsty delight as it sprang, its claws reaching out and its stinger poised ready to strike.

She jumped out the way, the cursed spirit's claw grazing her shoulder. She grimaced as blood began to drip down her arm.

"I liked this coat," she moaned to herself.

"Now I'm gonna kill you nice and slow," she said coldly, all traces of playfulness gone. Her breathing calmed as she concentrated on her target. The curse shrieked as it swiped at her, Mina dodging its attack as she began her hunt

"You're disgusting," she said calmly, resting a hand on one of her katanas which was currently embedded in the cursed spirit's chest. A dark part of her enjoyed the look of pain on the Curse's face. She could kill it now, but she enjoyed watching it suffer, it had tried to kill her after all. She clenched her hand in a fist and twisted. watching as the curse began to cough up blood. She got bored quickly enough, decapitating the curse, a flash of metal against skin.