Chapter 6: The Battle in the Forest

Mina began walking ahead but Gojou stopped her.

"We need to go a little further so this will be quicker," he said, reaching out to hold onto her arm.

They materialised in a place that looked like the outskirts of a city. They stood just outside a forest.

"Where are we?" she asked, looking around confusedly.

"Just off the outskirts of Tokyo," he said, letting go of her and taking a few steps back.

"You can teleport further than I can," she pouted. Gojou chuckled.

"How far can you teleport?" he asked. She thought about it for a moment.

"Roughly 100 meters is the furthest I can go, give or take."

Gojou began stretching as Mina looked at him warily.

I have a bad feeling about this, she thought uneasily.

"What are you planning on doing?" she demanded, slowly backing away from him.

"We're going to have a little spar, so don't be afraid to go all out," he said. She raised an eyebrow. He noticed her sceptical expression and snickered.

"Don't worry, I'm the strongest jujutsu sorcerer alive," he said. She snorted.

"You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself." She watched him cautiously as she straightened up and waited.

She summoned a shadow pocket and pulled out one of her katanas. Gojou shook his head.

"Put them away, you won't be using those against me." She frowned but put them away.

What can I use then? She asked sarcastically.

"If I am going to train you, the first place to start would be trying to unlock your true potential."

Gojou barely finished his sentence when he made the first move, appearing behind her all of a sudden and landing a kick to her back, sending her flying.

"You bastard, you didn't say start," she hissed, jumping to her feet. He shrugged.

"When fighting your enemies, they won't wait for you to get ready."

She dodged his next attack by teleporting away.

"Only cowards run," he said, looking up to where she sat perched above him in a tree.

That unlocked a memory deep within her. Coward.

"You're a weak, pathetic coward. Fight, or die."

She frowned at the unexpected memory, wondering who said that to her.

"You'll never grow stronger if you only focus on running away," he called up to her.

"Do you wanna die?" she said, her voice dripping with venom as she shifted, turning into smoke-

-before appearing behind him and clobbering him on the head with her fist. To her surprise, she actually managed to hit him. She expected her fist to bounce harmlessly off his 'infinity.'

"It seems anger is a trigger for you. I thought so," he said, wincing as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Strongest jujutsu sorcerer alive my ass." He raised an eyebrow at that.

"We aren't trying to kill each other are we?" he posed it as a question.

"Not yet," she said seriously. He smirked and raised a hand.

She found that she couldn't move. Her body was frozen in place.

"What have you done?" she asked through gritted teeth, sweat beading her forehead as she strained to break out of his invisible hold. Gojou watched her as flicked his fingers, sending her crashing into the earth.