Gamer Girl as a Volleyball Manager

"Y/N!!!", I hear a voice call out from behind me.

I stop to wait up for my childhood friend, Ose Ayame, while playing Among Us.

"You going to do volleyball again this year?", she asks finally catching up.

I just shrug never once looking up from my phone as we walk into the Nekoma High parking lot. Still walking and not noticing my friend has stopped I run right into somebody. I fall right on my butt. I think someone's holding their hand out for me so I can get back up but I'm to busy scrambling for my phone on the ground. I manage to grab it just in time to vote for the Emergency Meeting.

"Look she's like you Kenma.", I hear masculine voice in front of me.

I slowly look up from the screen as Red gets ejected into space. As the words Red was an Imposter flashes across my screen, I see two males in Nekoma school uniforms. My eyes widen slightly realizing one of them's the one I bumped into.

"Y/N!!! Pay attention to your surroundings!", my friend yells from behind me.

"Sorry...", I mutter quietly.

I take a better look at the males. One's significantly taller than the other, and he has black spiky hair. The other boy has bleached hair and cat-like eyes.

"I'm Kuroo and this is Kenma.", the taller boy says grinning.

"I'm Ose and this is Y/N.", says my friend who is now standing next to me.

Suddenly the bell rings.

"Whelp, we've got to head to class, it was nice meeting you." Ose says bowing politely and walking away me in tow.

Little did you know Kenma's eyes were on your back the entire time you walked away.

Timeskip *After School*

"Hey pops.", I say quietly sitting next to my grandfather on the bench in the Volleyball gym.

My grandfather said that I could practice with the boys volleyball team. So I'm wearing a female version of the male Nekoma uniform.

"Hey Kiddo. You ready?", my grandfather asks.

I nod not looking up from my screen displaying Metal Gear. I hear the gym doors open and the chattering stop as Nekomata stood up.

"I'd like to introduce somebody before we start practice today. Y/N?", Nekomata asks looking back at me.

"DAMMIT!!!", I yell throwing my phone because I just died.

"She's my granddaughter, Y/N Nekomata, and she will be joining us in practice as our manager and my co-coach.", he adds warily.

I give the wide-eyed boys a small wave as I got to grab my phone and check for damages.

"I died.", I say nonchalantly after assuring that there was no major damage to my phone.

I look over the group of teen boys in front of me. I recognize two of them from this morning. Kuroo is apparently team captain and by the looks of it Kenma is setter, 2nd best position. Well it is in my opinion, probably because it's the position I would play if I wasn't Libero.

"She's usually pretty level-headed, but you do not want to make her mad." , Nekomata warns the team.

"I'm not that bad.", I say looking over living tree of the team.

Next to him is the Libero of the team. Overall the team seems pretty durable. But it doesn't matter how they look, it's how they play that really matters. Sure height and that has it's advantages, but it's worthless if you don't know how to play.

"Alright let's get started!", Nekomata exclaims.

I sigh and put my phone down next to my stuff on the bench.

"How many laps do you say we run Y/N?", my grandfather asks me.

"10."

I hear a chorus of groans from the team.

"Keep complaining and I'll add more.", I warn.

"YES MA'AM!", I hear a male voice say.

I look to see someone with an even more ridiculous haircut than Kuroo. His hair is shaved in a blonde fluffy Mohawk.

"Who are you?", I ask squinting slightly.

"Yamamoto ma'am."

"I like it, keep calling me that. Now Chop Chop. Get those lazy butts on the track!", I yell clapping.

As they start running, I fill up their water bottles because I have nothing better to do with my life. I also put out some towels for when they come back. Once I finish that I sit on the bench and continue playing my game.

-------------------------------------------

"We're back!", I hear a voice gasp from the gym doors.

"Good, there's water on the bench.", I say without looking up from my screen.

"Wow you don't like eye contact do you?", asks a teasing voice.

I glare up at Kuroo.

"I'm sorry, what was that?", I asked coldly.

"Nothing.", he says holding his hands up in surrender.

"That's what I thought.", I say looking back down at my screen.

"What are you playing?", I hear a quiet voice ask from beside me.

I turn to see the boy named Kenma, who's holding his water.

"Metal Gear Survive.", I say.

"The newest one?", the boy asks eyes glittering in excitement.

"Uh... yeah. You know it?", I ask excited.

"Know it? I love it!", he bursts.

(Kenma P.OV.)

I'm still exhausted from the 10 laps, how does someone physically do that. But the new girl made it up to me by liking Metal Gear.

I look at her eyes glittering and bright smile, and blush slightly.

She's pretty, I think to myself.

"Oi, stop flirting and get over here Kenma!", I hear Kuroo shout.

"Coming.", I say sighing.

I look back at the girl, and she has a slight blush on her face. I giggle and head over to Kuroo.

Author's Note: Comment on what you think of this chapter and if I should include any ships. I could use some feedback.