chapter 14

↱                                     ♡                                   ↰

↳                                     ♡                                   ↲

September 27th

Y/N sat in the Great Hall at the Ravenclaw table with her friends, her Quidditch sweater on. The navy blue and gray stripes ran across the fabric as she fixed the collar for a moment before crossing her arms, placing her elbows on the table as she listened to Cameron who was seated between her and Corey.

"Look, all I'm saying is we should do a scrimmage like we usually did for tryouts last season. Harry, we're trying out with Gryffindor's team again, right," she called out as she looked to the raven-haired boy, him nodding his head as he ate a piece of toast. "Brilliant! See, a scrimmage would be a good skill-tester."

"Didn't you knock yourself and a Hufflepuff off of your brooms with the last scrimmage you played," Ron murmured knowingly with a smirk, Cameron only rolling her eyes with a dismissive wave before she turned back to Y/N.

"Alright, carrot top, no one asked. Anyway, let's do one. They're fun, and besides, McLaggen is Beater. You'll have a chance to put him in his place," she said as she wiggled her eyebrows, Y/N only throwing her an unamused look as she took a sip from her goblet.

"Cam, I'd rather not talk about him. We can do a scrimmage, yeah. Fine with you, Cor," she answered as they both looked to him, giving them a nod as he shoveled a biscuit into his mouth.

"Perfect," he said as he reached out to grab more, stuffing them into his mouth with a smile as the two girls snickered at him. Y/N gave him a playful roll of her eyes before turning away from him to look at the girl seated on her other side, smiling softly at Hermione.

"You're still playing with the ring, hm," she hummed out teasingly, gesturing down to her hand as she watched Hermione's fingers toy with it, shuffling and moving it around. The bushy-haired girl gave her a small roll of her eyes before nudging her softly.

"Bugger off. You know I like to fiddle with jewelry when I space out. And it's lovely to look at," she said as she playfully rose her hand towards her, flashing the violet jewel to Y/N who gave a laugh.

"Mhm. Yeah, okay. How're your liking necklace? You've already sent a light to mine three times already," Y/N spoke quizzically, gesturing down towards the jewelry around her neck before taking hers out from under her Quidditch sweater.

"You said when I needed you to touch it. I was merely following instructions," Hermione countered back with a shrug and a sly smirk, Y/N giving a scoff as she rose an eyebrow.