26: Interception

It was during the evening as you and the girls were finally getting closer to Wyoming, unfortunately the bus driver and passengers aboard the last bus were becoming hostile due to Evelyn's effects.

So your group had to make an alternate continue on foot, because the foundation had forces everywhere and the National Guard were being dispatched until further notice you had to lie low once again to avoid attention.

The guilt was almost eating you alive knowing people are suffering because you and the girls haven't been contained yet.

Athena noticed your expression.

Athena: "Don't tell me you actually have sympathy for these sacks of flesh."

Y/n: "As much as I hate humanity, I wouldn't want to put the lives of innocent people at risk."

Athena: "No one is truly innocent, you can't allow human nature to dictate the way you live and think."

Y/n: "You know something Athena, it's really hard to tell if you're trying to make me feel better or if you're trying to tell me facts about our situation."

Athena: "Making you feel better? No, that's what we do in bed. I'm only being blunt and honest."

You rolled your eyes with a smirk trying not to laugh.

Y/n: "It's getting dark already, we'll stop here..."

You approached a gas station, the lights were already on and there wasn't anyone except one guy smoking outside.

Diana placed a hand on your shoulder showing you the text on her phone.

Diana: {Hungry 🤤}

She then pointed at the gas station as her tail was wagging almost anticipating for an answer.

Y/n: "Well, I guess a snack can't hurt. Alright in and out."

Diana widened her eyes and blushed, as she placed her hand on her mouth while fluttering her eyes, she then typed something on her phone.

Diana: {😏👉👌 Are you "hungry"~}

Y/n: "Stop that! My head isn't that deep in the gutter."

She giggled as she gave you a kiss on your cheek leaving a black lip mark.

<Meanwhile...>

A group of military individuals were surrounding the whole area preparing traps and weapons for overpowered anomalies.

They watched as your group walked into the gas station, before everyone was inside Athena stopped and looked back.

She squinted a bit and just shrugged it off.

As troopers were preparing for the trap, one of the soldiers who appeared looked way more stronger than the others approached the blockade.

This soldier was about 8ft, packed a lot of muscle and was wearing lots of armor covering every inch of his body.

The soldier was the leader of the current wave who had the place surrounded, he tapped into his earpiece and spoke to his superior in a deep filtered voice that also had a robotic sound to it.

Squad leader: "Sir, the subjects have entered the building, orders?"

A voice with a similar deep voice responded.

????: "Wait until they reveal themselves, then take them all."

Squad leader: "Yes sir... What about witnesses?"