Chapter 3

"Do I look like I speak Italian, Your Highness?"

"Stop calling me Your Highness, Win. What do you want me to do? I needed some kind of an excuse to go out."

Win just smiled at the irritated Mix, "As you wish, Your Highness."

Mix glared at Win who just bursted out laughing.

Win and Mix were in a private room in one of the five-star restaurants in Bangkok. Somehow, Mix managed to get out of the Palace with just five bodyguards who are now stationed outside of the private room. They were dressed in civillian clothes to avoid attracting unneccessary attention.

"Okay, let me get this straight. You told White, that great royal advisor of yours, that you're meeting with a private tutor to learn Italian and that you should meet the teacher out of the Palace so Alicia won't see you and ruin the surprise?"

"That's the best I could come up with after you called and told me that this Matchmaker person who helped you with P'Bright before agreed to help me."

"Tell me one more time how you convinced White with that lame excuse?"

Mix smacked Win's head playfully before answering. "It's not that lame, bro. I told you White was sent to an emergency errand so he really had no choice but to let me go. I bet he'll be asking about how much Italian I learned when he returns next week."

"Of course, I bet looking for a wedding venue and honeymoon place for the Prince is classified as an emergency errand." Win said with a smirk.

"Ugh shut it, Win. We're here because we're trying to cancel the wedding right? What's the plan by the way?"

"Hmm about that, I talked to Anya - no need for the code name now since you'll be meeting her - this morning. She said something about knowing the "enemy", so she wants to meet you first before planning anything."

Now that the chance to escape his royal duties for once is at the palm of his hands, Mix is starting to second-guess himself. Can he really do this? Can he really be selfish and risk having the King's wrath upon him?

Win's voice snapped Mix back to reality. "Anya. Anya, over here."

Anya was nothing extraordinary but something in her aura attracts you to take a good look at her. When she got close enough, Mix noted that she was pretty, but not the drop-dead gorgeous kind. She wore a simple blue dress and had light make-up on but somehow, her presence - the way she walked, pulled Win into a loose hug and offered her hand to shake Mix's - seemed to command attention.

"The youngest Prince of Thailand, in the flesh. It's an honor to meet you, Your Highness," she said as she shook Mix's hand.

"Mix. Just call me Mix."

Anya gave him a friendly smile. "Mix it is, then. Anya. Anya Smith."

As they sat down, Win called for a waiter to get their orders.

"Let's wait a bit, shall we? I invited a few more friends over." Anya said with a small smile.

Win raised his eyebrow at Anya, as if this is a surprise to him as well.

"I hope that won't be a problem, Mix."

"Ahh, well I suppose you know why I'm here, so if these people are willing to help me like you do, then I guess that's fine."

Anya nodded. "I've been helpful to some...friends a few years back, but it's not like I oppose the royal family on a daily basis. We'll need help from some...connected allies."

"I know this isn't easy, so I'm really grateful that you're doing this for me."

"Not for free, though."