XI. MORNING AFTER

Start from the beginning

James stood up and walked to the kitchen. Jasmine glared at Regulus and signalled for him to cut it out before they get caught.

"Hm? Are you saying something, Jas?" Euphemia asked. Jasmine turned to her mother in panic.

"N-no. No, just asking Regulus to get me the — er — the napkin," she spluttered. "Could you pass me the napkin?"

Regulus was trying not to laugh as he picked up a napkin and gave it to her from across the table.

"Thanks."

Her mother eyed her weirdly but went back to eating breakfast.

James sat back down and gave his mother a spoon. He looked weirdly from Jasmine to Regulus.

After breakfast, Euphemia and Fleamont left to go out to Diagon Alley. The house was left all for the three teenagers.

James locked himself in his room for a few hours while Jasmine and Regulus stayed in her room.

She jumped onto her bed and he sat next to her. She shuffled over and sat in his arms.

"We're not going to tell anyone, are we?" he asked. "Your brother, he'd flip out at me."

"No, he wouldn't," she said. "He can't."

She turned herself so they were facing each other.

"He can't get mad at you. It's not like you're off limits," she scoffed. "I mean if it were one of the others, then yeah, because they're his best mates."

Regulus shrugged.

"If he's mad, then that's on him," she said, "he has no right to interfere with my relationship. I think we should tell him."

"What? So soon? Don't you think we should keep it secret for a little while longer?" he spluttered.

"I just want to tell the world that you're mine," she whined and playfully swung her arms around him. She pulled his head down to hers and kissed the top of his nose.

"I know," he said. "But the secret part of it makes it fun."

She grinned.

"It does, doesn't it?" she gave in. "I mean, havin' sex on the low."

He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, imagine when we get to school! Sneaking into broom cupboards and fun shit," she laughed. He started laughing even harder. "We should make a bucket list of where to fu —"

There was a loud knock on the door. Jasmine's mouth fell open and they both laughed even more. She got off the bed and unlocked the door. James was there.

"I rolled you guys a blunt each," he said. "Can I come in?"

Jasmine turned around and gave Regulus a confused look. He just looked awkwardly at her. She turned back to James.

"Yeah, yeah, come in."

The three of them sat on the bed and lit their blunts. James took a hit then looked at the other two.

"So ... what were you talking about?" he asked.

Regulus stared at Jasmine. "Er — going back to school."

She nodded. He wasn't entirely lying.

"Bucket lists," she said. "A few things to do before school ends. Fun stuff."

Regulus snorted, earning a glare from Jasmine.

"Sorry, he's being an idiot, he doesn't think we'll be able to do it," she said, clearing her throat.

"What's on there?" James asked.

"Oh. Just stuff," Jasmine responded. "Um, blow something up, you know, mischief."

"You'll-be-blowing-something," Regulus mumbled under his breath. The other two didn't catch what he said.

"What?" Jasmine snapped. "Can you repeat that?"

"I said," he spoke louder. "I said — er — what are we blowing up?"

"It didn't sound like that. At all," James said. Jasmine agreed.

"Doesn't matter," Regulus shot. "Moving along ..?"

James shrugged. "I was writing to Lils earlier. She's really nice. She said she's glad I matured over the past year. We're planning on going to Hogsmeade together when we get back."

Jasmine smiled. She was happy for him, he finally got over his childish self, and changed for the better.

"That's great, James."

"It's weird, isn't it, Jas? How everyone's getting into relationships before you. Dorcas and Marls. Sirius and Remus. Possibly me and Lily ..." he trailed on. "I doubt you've even slept with anyone."

She rolled her eyes. "I have. Two people."

"Name them," he scoffed.

A lump in her throat formed, but she swallowed it.

"Um, I — a guy at school," she mumbled. "And some local ... I don't remember their names. Sorry."

"Bullshit," James bellowed. "Absolute crap!"

Regulus was grinning at Jasmine the entire time.
She took another hit and exhaled the smoke in James' face.

"Doesn't even matter how many girls you sleep with, Jamsies, because it'll never be Lily," she said. Regulus' mouth fell open and James' eyes were wide.

"Whew, sis, don't need to be so harsh," he said. "I never wanted to sleep with Lily. I like her more than just that. It's more of a plus if I get the privilege."

She rolled her eyes.

"You can leave now. Me and Reg were talking in private," she said. She held up the badly rolled blunt. "Thanks for the — what is this?"

"I dunno, weed, probably," James said and left the room. Jasmine locked the door again and sighed.

"He's gone!" she shut her eyes and inhaled deeply, then opened them again. "Where were we?"

"Not sure," Regulus said. "Doesn't matter, let's start again."

She giggled and jumped onto the bed. She toppled him backward with a kiss.

𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐫.𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara