Gabe purses his lips. He lowers his eyes. "This is all my fault. I am supposed to be watching over them, not putting them in danger."

"If they are smart, no harm will befall them." Aristotle offers, trying to reassure his companion and put him at ease. However, it has the opposite effect. Beads of sweat sprout on
Gabe's forehead, and his eyes widen. "What if they are not smart!? What if they get into trouble? If anything happens to them, how will I face their mother!? Oh, my Lady!" The tiny celestial being starts sobbing.

"Gabe, calm down. They have already set out on this journey. All we can do now is guide them." Aristotle answers objectively.

"I should never have asked them to..." Gabe starts in a tone that is filled with regret when Zhandra's voice reaches him. "Daddy, you don't need to help Alex brush his teeth today."

Aristotle's face disappears even as Gabe falls silent. He just about crawls behind the pile of denim clothes when the door is thrown open, and Mick walks in. "Zhan, is everything alright, sweetheart?"

Looking a little pale, the older sibling nods her head. "Daddy, tomorrow is the first day of summer vacation; can't we sleep a little later than usual?"

While the older is putting forth her request, the younger sibling's eyes dart over to first the bed and then his sister's wardrobe. He pouts, upset that he couldn't share their secret with their daddy.

Earlier, when Mick was heating their dinner, Zhandra had told Alex that if he were to mention Aristotle, Gabe, or the mission, to their father, losing the objects they loved most would mean nothing.

'Also, Gabe would not be able to tell his fairy friends how great you are if we can't send him home.' Alex recalls the words Zhandra had spoken at the end. It was these words that had driven the point home. And it was also this reason why the little boy now stood looking between his sister and his father as they tried to arrive on a mutually agreeable deal.

Mick shakes his head. The look of defeat apparent on his usually warm features, he says. "Fine. I understand that you want to start practicing for when you would start babysitting officially, but I can't agree to it just like that."

Zhandra frowns. "Won't me taking care of Alex leave you with more free time and teach me to be responsible?" She crosses her hands over her chest. "I don't see a downside to it." She says, sounding almost like a grown-up trying to negotiate a deal.

Mick shrugs and smiles at his daughter fondly. "When you put it that way, it seems like I am indeed getting the longer end of the stick." Without looking at Alex, he adds, "I mean, Zhan is making it sound like this offer will benefit me more than her."

"Oh." Alex bobs his head. Then, "Yes, daddy. I want Zhan to take care of me."

Mick quirks his brow. It was rare that both his children agreed on the same thing. Naturally, the man got suspicious. "Wait a minute. Why do I feel like you guys are hiding something from me?"

"Oh-O," Alex mutters and looks at the bed where Aristotle is lying out in the open, completely defenseless.

'Oh, my Lady! Gabe, do something!' Aristotle whispers in fairy frequency.

A moment later, Aristotle finds himself in Mick's hand, with his spine resting in the warm, soft palm of the man's large hand. Meanwhile, a multitude of emotions dances across Zhandra's countenance.

With the book in his hand, Mick turns to his son. "Alex, why were you looking at this book?" He asks before recalling what they had told him about helping someone tiny. 'Maybe Zhan is teaching Alex maths. And they want to surprise me.'