Chapter One ~ The Flip

While this book will mostly focus on Adrien and his POV, some chapters may include Marinette's POV to get more insight on the situation. I hope you enjoy!

~Adrien's POV~

"Adrien?" A small voice said as I felt a slight nudge at my head.

"Mmmm," I groan at Plagg trying to wake me. "shhh!"

A loud knock at my door startles me. I shoot up from the desk I was sitting at. I must've fell asleep on it last night while looking at-

"Adrien you don't have time for breakfast, you have been taking too long. The car is waiting outside. You are going to be late!" Nathalie shouts from behind the locked door.

My eyes go wide as I realize I am, in fact, late for school.

-

Last night's akuma attack wasn't a quick defeat. The stupid kid was full of energy. When me and LB finally defeated it, she took the kid home and I hurried off back to my house. When I got home I showered and started doing homework at my desk, but a notification popped up and I got distracted.

I get dressed quickly and grab my bag. I closed the computer tab that had Marinette's instagram post open, and stumbled out to the car.

-

Arriving at school late is quite embarrassing. As the car pulls up I start to feel more anxious then arriving at school on time. I hop out and start to walk towards the stairs. The car drives off and suddenly I'm frozen in my body. I see Marinette rushing up the stairs falling over herself then proceeding to run inside.

My face heats up as I blush imagining myself grabbing her hand helping her up. Then I'd pull her face in, she'd close her eyes and then...

"ADRIEN? LOVER BOY YOU IN THERE??" Plagg shouts loudly into my ear.

"PLAGG!" I jump, swatting at him.

"Didn't know we had a scaredy-cat on our paws, huh?" Plagg points at me laughing.

"Plagg that wasn't very nice." I say not laughing, giving him a look of disappointment.

"Oh! You should've seen the look on your face! You practically had hearts for pupils!" He continues.

"Yeah, whatever. Get in the bag." I say pointing as he flies in.

I jog up the steps quickly skipping the locker room and going straight into class.

"Mr. Agreste, you and Miss Dupain-Cheng will be staying after class to discuss excuses for coincidently, BOTH of you being late. Now be on time in the future." Mrs Mendeleev says, visibly upset.

"Yes Ms."

I sit down trying not to look at Marinette. One small look and I'll end up more red then ladybugs mask, embarrassed for my actions the previous night. I stalked her instagram, and even her friends instagrams, just to look at pictures of her. May or may not have printed or screenshotted a few.

Oh god, hold on. Am I a stalker? That's actually... really creepy of me. Should I ask Father about seeing a doctor? What if I have a actual problem? What if-

"Adrien? You now ignore my lesson, after disrupting it by arriving late, this is completely unacceptable. Go to Mr. Damocles Office, this instance. Make sure to see me after class."
Mrs. Mendeleev shouts.

My face flusters from getting shouted at in-front of everyone. I grab my things quickly avoiding looking at the stares of my peers. My heart races. What's wrong with me?

My eyes fill with tears as I exit the classroom ignoring Alya and Nino asking me if I am alright. I shrug them off only wanting one person to talk to me. Instead she sat in her seat quietly and watched me disappear.

~Marinette's POV~

Adrien almost looked like he was... crying? He has been acting strange lately. But I guess I have been too distracted to notice. Someone else has been...

...occupying my mind.

Did I seriously fall in love with my best friend, someone I trusted my life with? My handsome, caring, cute, silly kitty? My partner? Yes. I did.

Did he happen to get over me? Entirely Forget his love for me? Leave me behind with new feelings? Yep!

It was about two weeks ago when the situation occurred.

That night Tikki and I had been talking, and my deepest secret escaped when a dark blue light with sparkles fell down on me. Tikki had dodged the path of the cloud, free from exposing herself.

"I'm in love with Chat Noir!" I gasp and clasp my hand over my mouth. My cheeks turn a shade of pink, my eyes widen mimicking Tikki's.

"Marinette-" Tikki tried to speak. I acted out of embarrassment as I call on her.

"TIKKISPOTSON!" I say quickly.

She floats into the earring and I stand there taking in a deep breath.

I guess some things aren't meant to be secrets?

I internally scream at myself as I try to track down Hawkmoths new victim. I see someone in a gray outfit with black eyes shooting the sparkly blue clouds out of his eyes into buildings. I stay hidden behind the stone watching carefully.

"Boo!"

"AHHHHHH!" I shriek, throwing my yoyo at the attacker. The yoyo hits Chat Noir in the nose and falls down.

"Owww, Ladybug that hurt!" He says rubbing and holding his nose. Making his eyes crosseyed trying to look at his own nose.

"Hehaheh," I awkwardly giggled, charmed by his silliness. "wait-"

We were cut off by so called, 'Exposer' demanding our miraculous for Hawkmoth. Yet all I could think about was...

Did He just call me- Ladybug??

~~~~~~~~•