Chpt. 31 Not Again

Start from the beginning

Seeing the small silhouette of the cloak, wearing angel calmed down the lanky skeleton. His pace quickened just a smidge out of joy for seeing the River Person open. The houses and ice conveyer belt was passed in a blur, from the skeleton's eyes that is, and soon stepped up to the boat.

"Tra La la. I am the Riverman. Or am I the Riverwoman...? It doesn't really matter. I love to ride my boat. Would you care to join me?" The sing song voice questioned towards the angel. With glee, Papyrus stepped aboard the cat-like boat, wasn't it just a regular one earlier?

"GREETINGS RIVER PERSON, I AM HEADING TO HOTLANDS, CAN YOU TAKE ME THERE?" Papyrus pushed the thought behind him as he politely asked. Even if the much smaller angel already asked him if he wanted a ride, it was just kind to ask before hand for the skeleton, he had an image to keep up.

Once the tall angel got comfortable, the boat rose onto four legs and quickly sped off towards Hotlands, leaving a trail of splashing water. It was quite easy to stay standing for the cloaked rower, yet for Papyrus it was a different story.

The river person slowly carried the taller skeleton through the river. Papyrus never wanted to use his wings as to not end up like Sans.

"Tra La La. The waters are wild today. That's bad luck." Papyrus finally found the right footing and stood still. Usually the River Person would ask Papyrus to sing along with him or give him great advice. Tonight just gave Papyrus more anxiety about Undyne and Alphys.

Don't think about them. Don't think about them. Just pay attention to the calming water. Papyrus kept chanting to himself. He came here to ignore his problem until he got there, not to dread on it. Just ask him for some advice or something. What could go wrong.

"UM, RIVER PERSON IF I MAY ASK, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BAD LUCK?" Shoot not about that! Papyrus quickly chastised himself.

"Tra La La! The water is too fast and crashing into the boat harder than normal. Bad luck for it to hit this hard. Tra La La." The voice kept it's normal calming nature even with the terrible superstition. "Tra La La! Tri Li Li! Tre Le Le! How about you sing with me?" They washed off the bad message with the usual happy messages.

"SURE THING RIVER PERSON!" Papyrus started joining in with River Person with off tune "Tra's" and "Le's", but the skele brother didn't care, got rid of anxiety joining River Person in their singing.

The loud popping from the lava signaled to the tall skeleton that the boat was at Hotlands. The river person bid a goodbye as Papyrus did the same. Heat engulfed the skeleton as he made his way up to the tall metal building.

Singing did pass the time quickly, to the point he even forgot for just a moment about why he was coming here. Just a moment though. All of the old anxiety quickly came back and suffocated the Skeleton.

Papyrus took slow steps towards the looming lab infront of him, trying his best to make the inevitable happen slower than normal. The door soon opened up infront of Papyrus as he made his way into the dark room of the lab. Cold air shoved it's way towards the tall skeleton and quickly out matched the boiling heat from the lava outside.

The metal door slammed shut as Papyrus was greeted with no lights, except from the large computer which the silhouettes of Undyne and Alphys. What on Earth did they see?

Undyne quickly turned towards the loud clang of the door as her single eye landed on Papyrus. Anger was boiling through every ounce of her being as she signaled for him to come over. Alphys kept her gaze towards the giant computer, surveillance cameras which were all paused on one frame. Grillby's

"After our cooking lessons remember how I went over to Alph's right Papyrus?" Her scratchy voice lacked any emotion besides anger. "Once I got here me and Alph decided to look at the camera feed once we finished the rest of "MMKC" and found something curious." She nodded towards Alphys and let Papyrus over infront of the computer for a better look.