Twenty

Will's POV

Today was the day. I was going to kill Mike. I was ready. My plan you may ask? I already know my mom and Hop are hanging out at the quarry. I also conveniently everyone else to go. My mom and Hop would be on one side. Nancy and her friends on the other and The party on the last side. That way they wouldn't see each other but they would all be near. I planned the El's powers couldn't kill anything. I would win. "Will. I know your ready so heres the last thing. The demo dogs and your powers will go away once a demo dog kills someone. That someone is Mike." Lila's voice rung in my ear. I braced myself as I heard everyone leave for the day. 

Mikes POV

I biked down  to the quarry with the party. It was peaceful today. Will said he would show he just needed a little extra energy. I feel sorry for him. I love him so much. I needed to tell Lila I don't love her. I never really did but I didn't know what she would do. She threatened me and I don't know what she capable of. We arrived at the quarry and pulled out all our blankets and food for a nice picnic. 

No ones POV 

Everyone was just peacefully having their own picnics. Everyone within a couple hundred feet but having no clue. Each group laughing and talking. Mike waiting for Will. No one knew what was about to go down. 

Mike's POV (sorry for all the pov switches)

I heard bike wheels rolling in the distance and looked up. "Will!" I jumped up to help him carry the stuff he brought. He grabbed my wrist tight. I was confused but didn't do anything. He held onto me and walked away from the party. "Will where are we going?" You could hear the anxiety in my voice. "Shut up." Why was Will being so harsh? He was never like his. "Are you mad? Did I do something? Will answer me." I was angry now. What did I do. "Micheal I said shut up." And with that he through me to the ground. I landed on my side and yelped in pain. I heard growling and turned around. A pack of demo dogs swarming around me. I wanted to scream but Will spoke. "I will kill you. Lying betraying bitch." What the hell. I was panicking. The demo dogs weren't killing me yet. Will ran away and I heard him screaming. "GUYS DEMODOGS ARE BACK MIKE IS BEING SWARMED!!!!" He yelled so loud I thought the whole quarry could hear him. And apparently they could because I heard more than just our friends running towards me. Nancy, John, Robin, Steve, Joyce, Hopper, El, Max, Lucas, Dustin, and Will all came running. "You all fell perfectly into my trap." Will's voice changed again. The sky dimmed and it looked like night outside. Something was emerging from the quarry. Not the mind flayer but not a demagoreon. Much bigger. Bigger than that thing we killed at the mall last summer. Everyone looks confused, scared, no one knew what was going on. 

The monster got bigger until it was the height of the quarry. "WILL WHAT IS THIS??" Someone yelled but I couldn't tell since it was dark. "I'm going to kill you. Mike knows what he did." I didn't. Then it hit me. Lila. "Will you have to understand I never really loved her! I was gonna tell you I swear. I was just waiting for the right time. Please." I was crying. The sky cleared but the monster and the demo dogs were still here. I looked back into Will's eyes. He was crying. He seemed a little bit softer than they had a minute ago. Then everyone ran as the monster tried to swing a arm thing at us. I couldn't move if I tried. These demo dogs would kill me. Everyone and all around the quarry now throwing rocks and other items they could find at the monster. Lila showed up and started to speak louder. "Remember our plan Will. This will all end if you just get this thing to kill Mike." She laughed. No Will please. 

Will's POV

I was trying to fight Lila. I didn't want to kill Mike. I couldn't kill Mike. Her voice pounded through my head. 

"Kill Mike."

"Kill Mike." 

"Kill Mike." 

A thousand of her word filled. I couldn't take it anymore. I fell to the ground shaking and crying while yelling. "GO AWAY GO AWAY LILA!" I yelled so loud it felt as if everything stopped. I made the demo dogs go away but Lila had other plans. She took over again and made the demo dogs attack Mike. I let out the most earth shattering scream. "MIKE!" I couldn't. I couldn't let him die. I walked to the edge of the quarry. "PEICE OF SHIT TAKE ME!" I knew if the monster killed someone everything else would die. The party was trying to kill the demo dogs and all I saw were flashes of red through my teary eyes. Mike stay alive. The monster turned my way and started to come closer. I sat down and hid my head. "Take me." I let out the final words. I couldn't feel anything, I could only see. It got me. Screams were muffled. everything had stopped. I was going to die. Mike would be saved. I could faintly hear Lila screaming and everything else dying. I opened my eyes again and saw Mike. He was covered in blood and he was crying. He cupped my face while holding my stomach where I must have been hurt. "Will buddy please stay strong stay alive you have to live." Mikes words came out through his heavy sobs. "I'm sorry Mike, she made me do it. I didn't want you dead. I knew you didn't love her but she made me hurt you." I was whispering at this point. "Will, a world without you is a world I never want to live in. I can't do it without you. I lov-" His voice faded as I drifted into a sleep.