Four

Wills POV
I ran upstairs and into mikes room. I started to cry. How stupid was I? To think mike really would still wanna be my friend. Stupid. Of course everyone would ignore me, just like always.

It was getting late and Mike still was downstairs. I said goodnight to everyone else and went upstairs back to mikes room. I hoped I wouldn't have a nightmare tonight. I was still awake when I heard Mike walk in. "Will I'm sorry, oh shit" he said as he thought as I was sleeping, but I was wide awake. I quickly shut my eyes as his closet was in-front of me and he would see me awake. I eventually drifted off to sleep.

It was dark in mikes room. Everything was covered in vines. The upside down. I looked around and Mike was sleeping in his bed. Everything was the exact same except in the upside down. I heard the all too familiar sound. I walked out of mikes room and down the hallway. I walked into Nancy's room and saw her and Jonathan sleeping. When I turned around a pack of demodogs was standing at my feet. I screamed in fear but no sound came out. I kept screaming and it was straining my voice. I ran from the demodogs. I ran into mikes room and locked the door. I got into mikes bed and got close to him hiding in fear. But when I got close to Mike, I felt something. Warmth? Safe? Love?

I woke up and shot forward. I felt my face and I was covered in tears and sweat. I looked over at Mike and he was asleep soundly thank god. I started to cry again but I tried to stay quiet. As quiet as I could be. I don't think Mike woke up.

Mikes POV
I woke up to the slight sound of crying? I listened closer. Will was crying. I knew the sound of his cries better than anything. I wanted to jump up and comfort him but I couldn't move. I heard a faint whispering. "It's okay Will it's okay it was just a dream." Will repeated "it was just a dream" several times while I heard him trying to hold in his sobs. It was quite possibly the saddest sound of this planet. Will had a nightmare. "It happens every night it's just a dream" he then repeated. Will's been having nightmares every night and hasn't told anyone? What if it's something about the upside down? "You aren't stuck there anymore. El closed the gate. Your safe." I heard will say. It was about the upside down. It broke my heart more. Will's my best friend and he's hurting again. Maybe I'll talk to him tomorrow.

Will's POV
I woke up the next morning and my eyes felt puffy. I walked to the bathroom careful not to wake Mike up. I washed my face so you couldn't tell I had been crying all night. I heard my mom and Karen talking while they made breakfast. I walked back into mikes room to see him awake. "Hey will" Mike said in his sleepy voice which made my stomach erupt into butterflies. "Good morning Mike, don't forget everyone is coming over at 10" I replied to Mike. I didn't really wanna see anyone because I knew what would happen. But I did miss them all.

I finished my breakfast and I heard the door ring. Mike got up to get it and everyone was standing around hugging El. El is staying at Max's house so she can spend time with her. I was cleaning my dishes when they walked in. "WILL" I heard Dustin shout and he ran over to me and threw me into a hug. "Dustin!" I hugged him back. Max and Lucas joined in on the hug. "We missed you buddy" Lucas said as he pulled away from the hug. "I missed you guys too!" We all walked downstairs and sat on the couches. Mike and El started to talk and Lucas and max did m. Dustin was reading a comic and I awkwardly sat there. Everyone had something to do but me. It made my anxiety increase. I was bouncing my legs up and down. I needed to get out of here. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I ran up the stairs even though there was a bathroom in the basement. I ran into mikes bathroom and looked around. I spotted my razor sitting on the shower ledge. Did I want to do this? Would I regret it? Maybe. But right now I need the pain to go away.
⚠️SELF HARM⚠️
I grabbed my razor and cut a little line into my wrist. A few tears formed but it didn't hurt bad. I cut a few more lines and it actual relaxed me. It put my mind at ease. I took a deep breath. In and out. I pulled my sleeve down and walked back downstairs. Someone else was now where I was once sitting. I recognized her as Susie, dustins girlfriend. I really was alone now. Everyone was occupied so I wandered around mikes basement. I found a torn piece of paper so I picked it up. It was a drawing of all of us. I drew it for Mike last year and gave it to him for his birthday. It had been ripped in half. It sorta hurt my heart. I worked really hard on it. My eyes filled with tears as more pictures of Mike and I lined the walls. I missed it. I missed gene my life was normal. I miss when everyone treated me like a normal kid and not "zombie boy" I miss being a kid. I started to cry. I hoped no one could hear me. I slide the paper back on the wall, wiped my tears and awkwardly sat down on the floor beside the couch.