17

Taylor
2 months later 

"Thank you for calling me again Joe, I'm sorry." I have him a weak smile he smiled back "It's alright."

I glanced at Karlie she was playing with her fingers I walked over to her she smiled meeting my eyes. "Let's go." I said through gritted teeth.

"Hey babyyy." She slurred "Karlie hurry up we're leaving." I said pulling her arm up she stood a little but she wasn't standing straight I held her waist trying my best to get her outside and in my car but I couldn't and Joe noticed he eventually helped me I smiled again thanking him so much.

"Do you know how embarrassing this is Karlie?" I asked slowly driving out of the bar my hands grilling the wheel so tight it hurt. "Huh?"

"This is the third fucking time this month I've had to drive you home drunk Karlie stop it Karlie it's embarrassing for both of us."

"Then stop taking me home." She laughed "What?"I practically yelled I was so mad at her I couldn't look at her I swear I would slap her. "I have other people who can pick me up." She smiled

"Who?"

"My friend Toni I'll ask her."

"Who the fuck is Toni?"

"She's my friend."

"Then get out of this car and ask her for a ride."

"What?" She said staring at me cluelessly "Karlie get out."

"No."

"Karlie-

"Okay fine goodnight Taylor, fuck you." She whispered I felt those words hit me like a knife she closed the door and walked to the side walk pulling her phone out of her back pocket I didn't bother staying a my tire longer to see her I turned up the radio trying my best not to cry.

*****

"Hey sis what's wrong?" Austin asked I ignored him walking to get some water. "You haven't wanted breakfast you hungry?" He smiled I shook my head grabbing Olivia I walked upstairs and shut my door locking it so no one would walk and see me crying.

I took off her collar slowly throwing it somewhere it fell in a corner I sighed pulling the bed sheets over my head and holding in my breath not to cry.

Karlie
*Last night*

Me: hey Toni it's Late sorry Ik ur probably not even down here but if y r can you call back?

Toni: Hey? If you mean 'down here' I hope you mean Nashville in that case I am I came down for my sister wedding what's up? Are you drunk?

Me: can you pick me ul¿
Me: up*

Toni: Yea send me your location

It wasn't long before Toni was here and I felt myself sobering up I smiled standing up and getting inside. "Thanks."

"No problem." She smiled

"So I take you home?" She asked "Can we go to your place?" I asked I shouldn't my mind was telling me to stop but I couldn't help it I didn't want to home and face my parents.

"Yea sure."

"So who left you on the side of the road?" She giggled "Taylor."

"Oh how is she?" She smiled I didn't wanna answer that I don't really know how she is we haven't talked in a while maybe fucking Joe would know they're like best fucking friends now. Taylor and have been fighting a life recently she gets made at ever little thing I do I stopped going home because my parents didn't want me there so I stared drinking a lot I took my anger out on Taylor and I regret it every time I apologize and we just end up having meaningless sex.

"Uh good." I respond dryly she got the hint and changed the subject to her telling me how her family was.

We quietly walked to her room I was still sorta drunk it was hard to walk straight I held her waist for support.

"Are you tired?" She asked I shook my head sitting on the edge of the bed she sighed staring at me.

I felt guilty. I shouldn't be here I shouldn't be having thoughts of kissing her and I know I don't want it but my body does I stood up slowly she didn't me allowing me to trace my finger up her arm causing light goose bumps to fill her skin.

"Karlie..stop." She mumbled

"What?"

"Karlie you and Taylor are together you love her this will ruin everything I will ruin everything I don't want to." She said

"I..Toni I don't care please I want this I want you so bad." I whispered before she could respond my lips were on hers

I know how bad I would regret this in the morning.

Taylor
*Present day*

"Have you even tried to talk to her?" Joe asked I sighed taking another sip from my drink.

"Yes I did so many times she always avoids anything serious and I hate it Joe she's not the same anymore she's so closed off I hate feeling this way I hate seeing her like this." I said crying now he sighed.

"Taylor it's going to be fine she loves you she does she still talks about you all the time I know she's different now she is with me too it's like her mood all the time is so angry or tired." He said I nodded

Karlie💛: Can we talk?
Me: Yea at my house?
Karlie💛: Yea be there in 15

"Hey Joe Karlie texted me I'll see you later okay? Also thank you for letting me rant to you again." I smiled "All the time Taylor and good luck!" I waved him goodbye and walked to my car.

She was already there I smiled but she didn't she looked weird like sad? Nervous?

"What's wrong?" I asked "Taylor."

God what's happening?

"Yes?" I asked we walked inside no one was home yet as usual I sat down on the couch Karlie sitting in front of me.

"Taylor I love you, I have since I met you and I mean that in every way-

"Karlie what's happening?"

"Taylor I cheated on you okay and I'm sorry I'm so fucking sorry Taylor I had to tell you Taylor and I know you don't want to hear-

"Get out Karlie." She didn't take long to listen she stood up I couldn't look at her I heard the door open and close I fell to the ground tears fall sing from my eyes soon after.