Chapter 7: Zero Points

Start from the beginning

Following that explanation was another one, but this one was about the art supplies. Like always we introduced ourselves. Apparently, I was the only student from Class D.

Since it took quite a bit of time for them to explain everything, the club was dismissed.

On May 1, the morning bell rang for our very first day of class. Soon afterward, Chiyabashira-sensei strode into the room, holding a rolled up poster. Damn, it's already time, isn't it?

"All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak."

Immediately, several students raised their hands.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, but I didn't see any deposits. Points are given on the first day of every month, aren't they?"

"Hondou, I already explained this before, didn't I? Points are deposited on the first day of the month. I've confirmed that points were wired this month without any issues."

"Um, but....nothing was deposited into my account, though."

Students exchanged glances, Ike was too shocked to notice them looking at each other. While on this topic on points, I checked mine when I woke up. Although, I didn't get any points wired to me......I had more than enough already.

"Are you kids really that dumb?"

"Dumb? What?" That's pretty stupid, not gonna lie.

"Sit down, Hondou. I'll explain once more." She said.

"Points were deposited. That much I know for certain. There is absolutely no chance that we forgot about anyone in this class. Understood?"

Man, sensei sure is mad at these defective classmates of mine.

"Ha ha ha, I see. So, it's like that then, teacher? I think I've solved the mystery," Kouenji boomed, laughing. He propped his feet up on his desk and smugly pointed toward Hondou.

"It's simple. We're in Class D, so we didn't receive a single point."

Kouenji, you're half right. The reason we didn't get points wasn't because we're in Class D, but because of the people in Class D.

"Huh? What are you talking about? They said we'd get 100,000 points every month—"

"I don't remember hearing that, though. Do you?" Chuckling, Kouenji boldly pointed at Chiyabashira-sensei.

"While he certainly has an attitude problem, Kouenji is exactly right. For crying out loud, barely anyone seems to have noticed the hint I gave you. How deplorable."

I agree, how could you not notice something so obvious? Well that's to be expected, this is Class D we're talking about. The class exploded in an uproar.

"Can you please tell us why we didn't receive any points?" Asked Hirata.

"A total of ninety-eight absences and late arrivals. Three hundred ninety-one incidents of taking or using a cell phone in class. In this school, your class's results are reflected in the points you received. As a result, you wasted all of the 100,000 points that you should have received. That's what happened."

Sensei spoke in a robotic fashion, devoid of any emotion, like a certain someone. I bet after this Class D will be more of a laughing stock, than it was previously. Our class reputation is already low enough, now it will be even lower.

I covered my mouth with my arm pretending to cough, in reality a smile was forming in my face, who would've thought it would be this bad. Unexpectedly, I made eye contact with sensei.