Chapter Two - Victoria

Violet was stressed. She paced back and forth on the wooden floor, it creaked with each step. She had no idea how she would be able to complete her task. Violet had taken a shower and her hair  was damp, sticking to the back of her shirt. She sighed, knowing stressing out  wouldn't help anything.  She took a deep breath. She rubbed some more ointment against her bruise, it numbs. There was a tentative knock against the door. She walked over, pulling her shirt down and then opening the door. Luna Paige stood in front of her, smiling her pearly white teeth.

"Are you hungry? We are having dinner!" She said. "Come on." Violet followed her out of the room, her wolf  boiling with rage. Her wolf was a second away from tearing apart Paige. She thought that Paige was the reason between her and her mate. Violet stopped walking, her eyes swirling with her wolf's blue ones. Her canines descended. Panic shot through her. 

"STOP." She snapped to her wolf. Her wolf didn't  listen,  it would be impossible to control her wolf. "One second, I need to get something from my room." Violet says through gritted teeth. Her wolf would make her shift right now. She fast walked back to her room. She rummages through her duffle bag, grabbing a bottle of pills. She pops one in her mouth. It would push her wolf to the back of her mind. Her wolf whimpers in betrayal. "It has to be this way." She says. Violet could  feel her wolf fade to the back of her mind. Violet lets out a sigh of relief, it would subdue the mate bond. 

"Are you okay? " Paige tilts her head in concern.  

"Yeah." Violet mumbles. A wave dizziness coming over her, the medicine was starting take effect.Paige raised her eyebrow and unsure nodded. 

"Okay! The whole pack gathers for dinner every night and -" Paige started. 

"Really?" Violet was genuinely shocked. There were rare times where every member would gather together, let alone every night. 

"Well not everyone." Paige giggled. "Most of the pack though. Alpha Connor likes having personal relationships with each member. It gives him the ability to get to know everyone. You know better for everyone -" She suddenly stopped. She gave a shy smile. "Sorry I'm rambling" She laughed. 

"It's okay." Violet said amused. She was slightly touched by the Alpha's leadership, usually alphas had haughty attitudes. Most believed they were better than everyone and barely spoke to the lower ranked wolves. 

Finally they reached the grand dining room. She was shocked, it really looked as if the whole pack ate together. She didn't even realize how big the Silver Moon pack was. It wasn't the biggest pack, but a decent size. She estimated around two hundred wolves.  There were multiple wooden tables all surrounding one long table that was placed in the middle. Paige took a seat next to Violet's mate. She could feel her skin slightly sting, the pill couldn't completely sever the bond. She wished it could.

Violet was called to sit next to Charles. She sat down. While the concept of everyone sitting together seemed nice, it was not. Violet cringed at the loud chatter and jumble of disjointed noises. Out of the jarble of noises, Violet could faintly hear a familiar voice that echoed through the dining room. She turned around to see the blonde head of hair, that she knew all too well.

"Mom?" She whispers. The blonde woman whips her head around. Her chocolate brown eyes widen in shock, gliding toward Violet.

"ViVi, I knew we would meet again!" Her mother,Lilith, wraps her arms around Violet. She sniffs the comforting smell, and Violet was transported back to her childhood days. A good-looking man stalks up between the mother-daughter pair.

"Lili? She's your daughter?" He asks. His eyes narrow at Lilith, anger racking his face. "You were with someone else?" He snaps. Andrew. Violet thought. Lilith's mate, Andrew ,who was going to reject her. Lilith had ran away, the pain of rejection was too much.. Lilith hadn't been with someone else, she had found Violet swaddled in the forest. Before she could comprehend what was happening, Violet's body was slammed against the wall.

Violet groaned in pain, clutching her side. Lilith stood whispering words of comfort to Andrew, and ran towards Violet. She could only see black spots, and then everything went dark.

Violet shoot up, she glances around trying to recognize her surroundings. The alpha and his luna stood side by side. Her mother sat at the edge of the bed, stroking her hair. Violet felt her wolf, the pill had worn off. It wasn't good that Alpha Connor stood watching her, she tried to ignore the intensity of his gaze. Her dream comes back to her, the fragments of pieces forming together. She could feel the pain blossom, and all of a sudden she couldn't breathe. It was suffocating. Violet could feel the pain of another, it always plagues her dreams. Another life. She sees it all. She feels all of it. All she wanted to do was help, but she couldn't.  Tears stream down her face. Connor took two steps toward her, wiping the tears that fell. His hand freezes in shock of his compulsion and clears his throat. He stumbles backward, trying to brush off the action.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yes." She looks down , fidgeting with her hands.

"Good," with that he walks out of the room. Luna Paige looks stricken for a moment, then quickly composes herself.

"I have training. I'll visit you after." She smiles. Violet looks toward her mother, once the room is empty.
"What's wrong?" Lilith asks, gently.

"It's Victoria."