Prologue: The Vehicle..

Beginne am Anfang

"AGHHH! OWWW! Dangit!!"

The sounds of Katara's brother Sokka rang out from outside the temple. 

Katara ran out into the large stone courtyard, where the air felt thin yet heavy and clouds lay level with the very altitude of the mountaintop temple. 

Trying to climb a tree while he used his legs to hold onto a low hanging branch while swinging around a sword in one hand at what appeared to be a strange animal, was a young 17 year old man with the same tan skin as Katara and similar blue clothing. 

"What are you-?" Katara began.

"SHHHHHH.. Katara.. you're gonna scare it away.." Sokka whispered. 

"That's a wild beaver bird, you can't honestly think we're gonna eat that." said Katara. "That thing's tiny."

"Tiny or not tiny, this thing is meat, and meat is going into my stomach." said Sokka. "yesss. yesss you are you little cute, pudgy, delectable little-."

"SQUUUAAAAAK!!!" The odd bird with a beaver's tail jumped onto Sokka's head and began rapidly pecking him with gale force, so much so that it sounded like bullets richocheting of armor.

"OWWWW OWWWO NOT AGAIN!! CURSE YOU MEAT! I WILL EAT YOU!!!" Sokka screamed as he waved his sword around furiously. 

"Is Sokka trying to kill the Beaver Bird again!?" a girl's voice called out from inside the temple. 

"Yep." said Katara, her eye twitching slightly. 

"Toph, you know that meat is a PERFECTLY good reason to go overboard, and we need to keep up our ener- OW OW!!" Sokka let out another yell of pain as the bird continued to peck his head. "-Th-that totally justifies killing this insanely cute and pudgey piece of protein!! If we're going to find Aang and defeat those weirdo Ladies then we need all the muscle we can get!"

"I mean I'm all for having a little bit of meat now and then." said Katara. "But Aang's a vegetarian and he's completely fine."

"Fine!? Come on Katara! Have you SEEEN his skinny arms!?" Sokka exclaimed before falling out of the tree with another 'OW!'

"Yeah, no offense to Twinkle Toes." said the girl's voice as a pair of bare mud caked feet pattered over next to Katara. "But he's definitely got some skinny arms."

A girl wearing earth green clothing, her hair tied into a bun and bangs to hide her pale blind eyes, stepped out next to Katara. 

"Well, I mean, yeah he's skinny, but he's a really powerful Bender, and very good at being the Avatar in spite of all that-." said Katara. 

"But do you seem doing lifts and squats? No, cause he lacks a very important food group!" said Sokka, jumping to his feet. "Namely, one of the delicious, fleshy and seared over mango chutney variety."

"Mmmm, I wanna try mango chutney over roasted turtle pork.." said Toph, her mouth seeming to salivate a little. "Wait what's chutney..?"

"Heck if I know, I heard King Bumi mention something about it, and now I can't get it out of my head. The guy's crazy, but like, crazy like a foxmonkey.. or Spidermonkey."

"Spidermonkies don't exist Sokka." said Katara. 

"They do! And I'll prove it!!" Sokka roared. "I told you I saw one! An honest to god Spider.. MONKEY!"

"Sokka's still sore about how he said he saw a monkey with four arms and four eyes when we were kids." said Katara with a teasing smirk. "Nobody believed him."

"CAUSE YOU'RE ALL DUMBOS!" Sokka exclaimed. "Think logically about it! There are Hog Monkeys, Crab Monkeys, Bear Monkeys, Giant Platimonkies! Why not a Spider Monkey!?"