"That's my best friend, we go to the same university together" Lana said while looking in his eyes I could tell she was getting more and more nervous around him.

"Hi! I'm Eve DiDonato" I said to him smiling while extending my hand to his.

Instead of taking my hand he hugged me tightly the same way he did to Lana, why everyone so touchy here? is this their thing?. He smelled nicely however I could separate a different smell on him, a weird one that probably was weed.

"Nice to finally meet you Eve. I'm Mitch Rowland" he said while looking in my eyes and Lana hands him the present she bought for him.

"Why finally? has Lana talked to you about me?" I asked him being curious for his answer.

"No" he answered.

I could hear an abrupt sound of laughter coming from the living room after he said that. I could feel my cheeks getting redder as I was getting uncomfortable from embarrassment. The music has changed now to a different song Burning Pile by Mother Mother was playing now.

"We have a professor in the university with the same last name as yours, are you maybe related to him?" I asked him a genuine question in hopes of changing the topic.

"Nope it's just coincidence" He replied to me. "Go girls grab drinks, drugs or anything you want from the kitchen and come to sit down with us" He said to us.

Lana mumbled okay and we stared heading to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

"He is so hot" she said to me while pouring vodka on a red cup.

"He seems like a chill guy I said to her, but you were wrong in the car I have never been to a party like this" I said to her.

While trying to see the drinks that were available in the counter, I finally find Bacardi and pour a big amount of it in my cup, I try to find cola and a lemon juice. After I see what I was looking for, I pour everything in the same cup and a take big sip from it. I hated Bacardi but I had to drink something strong in order to survive tonight. When a bottle would empty someone would immediately replace it with a brand new one, I couldn't help but wonder how much alcohol was in this place.

Lana didn't say anything back but raised her cup to her lips drinking all the liquid she had placed just seconds ago. Oh shit if she continues at this rate she is going to get wasted in matter of minutes. She refills it again with whiskey this time and I see she found her confidence back.

"I'm sorry we can go in an hour if this place makes you feel uncomfortable" She said and I could see in her eyes that she truly meant it.

"Of course not, we just came here" I spoke, I was feeling a little bit uncomfortable but I couldn't say this to her, I don't want to waste her chances with this guy, we came for a specific purpose and I am not leaving my friend here alone, if I left her alone she would feel even worse. On top of all I don't know anyone here personally, so I can't trust to leave alone my friend with complete strangers.

"Are you sure?" She said.

"Yess"

"If you feel the slightest discomfort just tell me and we are out from here" she was looking at me in all seriousness.

"I don't feel uncomfortable" I lied.

"Pinky promise" she said while extending her pinky for me, I laughed

"We are not doing this now, I have already embarrassed myself I don't want to do it again" I replied smiling, thankfully I could find the humorous side of just what happened.

"You didn't say anything embarrassing stop overthinking" She said as she took my hand leading me to the living room, where her love interest was sitting on the floor talking to some random people.