Chapter 23: Cardfight Vangaurd

Start from the beginning

The brunette looked over to see that Aichi's cyan haired mother had arrived into the room, her cyan eyes were slightly red as if she had no sleep.

"I forgot which direction I came from..."

The blue haired boy whispered, the brunette guessed that guilt was wreaking havoc within the smaller boy who usually never lied.

"Aichi...... Well I'm glad that you're home.... I was afraid that something had happened to you..."

Shizuka said as she wiped a few tears out of her cyan eyes.

"S-sorry for worrying you mom, Kai helped me get back"

The smaller teen said as he looked over towards where the brunette stood.

The cyan haired mother looked over towards the brunette any smiled thankfully as she took the Kai's hands.

"Thank you so much for helping my son.... I'm so thankful that you've brought him home."

The brunette felt a little uneasy at the random contact but gave a slight smile nether less so as to not appear rude.

"It's no problem Aichi is a really important friend of mine"

Aichi blushed at the brunette's comment, Shizuka noticed her son's actions and smiled at how much the smaller boy looked up to the brunette.

"Aichi you're wearing different clothes I've never seen on you before"

The peach haired girl said when she finished crying, the smaller boy thought for a second before answering.

"I stayed at Kai's house last night after he found me because he said it was too late outside"

Shizuka sighed after her son had finished speaking, guessing that the boy had forgotten what their phone number was.

"I see.... Well anyway Kai, it's rude for you to just stand there so would you like to come in?"

The cyan haired mother asked as she remembered her manors that were forgotten temporarily at the sight of a safe Aichi.

The brunette looked over towards the blue haired boy who was still on the ground ground then nodded.

"Yeah I'd like to keep an eye on Aichi to make sure he doesn't get lost again"

Emi laughed as she saw a pout appear on her brother's face.

"I'm going to card capital to see Mai, I'll also tell Miwa that Aichi's fine as well since he knew he had gone missing."

The peach haired girl said as she put her shoes on.

"No need, Miwa helped find Aichi"

Kai said, the brunette wondered if the noisy blond would actually keep his mouth shut or not.

"Oh, well bye! Keep my silly brother in sight Kai!"

The peach haired girl called as she went out the door, Shizuka shook her head and sighed.

"So quick to leave once she finds out you're fine Aichi, she must really like that vangaurd thing"

The smaller boy smiled happily at the thought of vangaurd.

"Yeah, it's really amazing"

The brunette felt a twinge of unease as he thought of the blue haired boy trying to play vangaurd when he couldn't see.

"Well anyway, You two should stop standing in the doorway and should go hand out in Aichi's room. After all you two should try playing that vangaurd thing."

The cyan haired mother said as she gently pushed the two boys towards the stairs.

"But I can't see..."

The smaller boy whined as he felt his mother pushing him.

"I'm sure Kai will help you"

With that, Shizuka left to go do some of the chores she was going to do the day before that she didn't do because she had been searching for Aichi.

The smaller boy frowned at how his mother didn't understand what vangaurd was about and how important sight was to the game.

The two boys headed up the stairs, the smaller one crawled up like a cat because it seemed to be the easiest way for him, less of a fall if he missed a step.

"Sorry about my mom Kai"

The blue haired boy whispered as he plopped down at the chair near his desk.

"It's fine, I sort of like the idea"

The smaller boy tilted his head in confusion, confused as to why the brunette actually took his mother's words seriously.

"But how could I even play?"

The brunette was silent for a second before responding.

"Try to differentiate the cards from how they feel?"

Aichi shook his head as he let out a sigh.

"Kai.... I know it's vangaurd but I can't do that. There's just no way"

The brunette frowned at the blue haired boy's lack of optimism. He didn't want the smaller boy to have to give up the thing that made him so lively.

"But your dream has always been to cardfight, am I wrong?"

"No you're right but still.... It would be too much of a hassle for my opponent having to wait for me...."

The brunette detected the sadness within the smaller boy's voice and realized that was the reason why Aichi was against trying.

"Aichi I wouldn't mind, I'd wait"

"But Kai, you only battle strong opponents.... I'm still not strong enough yet"

The brunette smiled slightly as he put a hand on the blue haired boy's shoulder.

"You're going to get stronger, I can easily see that Aichi"

Me: that's the end of the chapter

Aichi: no more until the weekend ends

Kai: weekends are a pain

Me: >.> yup , unable to mooch off of school wifi during them....

Aichi: true

Me: anyway hope ya enjoyed the chapter that's a lil longer than usual but doesn't quite reach 2000 words~~