"Fucking hunters" I curse them whishing I could just kill them all.

I am removed from my murder plots when I hear a female scream pierce the forest air. I snap back into focus. Could that be her? Is she in danger? I mentally curse myself for showing so much concern for an enemy. She was a hunter. Her kind should not belong to my kind. It goes against everything that we stand for. But her scream still lingering in the back of my head. And it turns out I'm not that good at controlling my wolf after all.

I rush through the high trees following her scent, turning myself into my wolf. He was the one in control. Our protective side screaming to protect our mate. She is ours. Nobody is allowed to hurt her and live. I run fast, and then I finally see her. She was on the ground backing away from a fellow hunter? A hunter who was smirking at her as he advances towards her, knife raised and ready to kill.

I growl enraged, so loud that the hunters snap their heads towards me, their eyes filled with terror as I leap towards the male hunter who dared raised a knife at my mate and intended to kill her. I bite his jugular and rip off the flesh of body. His screams of agony where a symphony to my soul. Nobody hurts her and lives. When the body stops moving I let him go. His body dumped on the forest floor. Eyes open in terror. His throat turn off by a vicious animal.

I turn around towards my mate. She was crawling backwards as fast as she could, but the blood coming from her leg, told me she was injured, and unable to stand and run. I growl at the sight. She was injured. Mate was injured.

"Stay back!" she screams a fierce look in her eyes.

If I could chuckle I would have. Even in her state she was fierce and strong. My wolf was very pleased for having such a strong mate. He loved our mate. Me? My head was telling me to kill her, that leaving her alive would only cause trouble but my heart was telling a complete different story. The thought of not having her was simply too unthinkable.

I approach her slowly, trying to appear less threatening, but she was having none of that.

"I said stay back!" she yells throwing a rock at my head.

I growl displeased from her attack, but I don't stop approaching her. I had this urging need to be close to her, to make sure that she was alright.

I'm close enough to her injured leg. Slowly I move my nose to her wound, embarrassingly making a whining noise in the back of my throat. She looks at me angry mixed with fear, and maybe a little bit of confusion? What was she confused about? That I wasn't killing her? Join the club darling.

I hear someone running from behind me and my wolf detecting a possible threat turns around and growls threatening.

"Easy Julius, we're on the same team." Mike, a fellow pack member says and he makes himself seen. I keep growling not knowing what his intentions were. All I could think was that he was a danger to my mate. My injured mate. "It's just me man, why are you growling?" he asks confused

He tries coming closer but he hesitates when I growl at him again. He takes a glance behind me to see who I was protecting.

"Is that a hunter? Did you catch one of them?" he asks looking around noticing the mangled body of another hunter not far away from where I was standing. "I can see that one wasn't so lucky. Nice catch." he tries to take another step closer but I don't let him. "Okay, okay I get it. Don't come any closer. You're acting really weird you know, man? Why don't you turn back? This would be a lot easier if we could communicate."

I consider it for a few seconds and then I feel my body turning back to human. My back towards my mate, and completely naked. I hear a gasp coming from behind me, but I refrain from turning to look at her.