Painmaker

Here it is. A new chapter to this book, finally.

Also, can someone tell me why putting text in the middle doesn't work anymore? It always starts from left to right.

-----------------------

You awoke in the night. Turning your head, you saw the time was 10 past midnight. A dry groan escaped your lips as you forced your body to move. Standing up, you walked to your door, opening it, you then made your way down the stairs. Once at the bottom, your eyes scanned the living room. No one was around. Walking towards the fridge, you opened it and pulled out a large whiskey. Popping off the cap, you proceeded to chug it down. Finishing with the bottle, you grabbed another and did the same. Then another, then another. You coughed as you sang the song, which was quite appropriate for this moment.

You: " Fire!  burn my lips, take a swig for old times sake  Fire! Touch my heart, bring me back my smile  Fire!  Kill the clock, violence, it's murderous  Fire!  Watch my back, as I fade away..."

You walked drunkinly towards your couch. Plopping yourself down, whiskey in hand. You took another large gulp.

You: "Fire!  You slowly bleed, lose your mind, a broken man  Fire!  Drink it up, nothing left to cure the pain  Fire!  Once it's through, no one else, they all betray  Fire!  Cut the skin, keep your fears away."

You took another drink.

The sun shined as the girls began to wake up. Coincidentally, everyone left their rooms at the same time. Stopping in the hallway, Gabriel glared at the demons, who in turn glared back. Moving on, the group made their way downstairs, they however stopped when they saw you, sitting down, looking at the static TV. Empty bottles of whiskey around you, and a dead look in your eyes, in addition to the box of tapes on the floor. The group moved forward, you however didn't react.

Lucifer: "What is this?"

You: "Misery."

You said, taking a swig from your bottle. In no time, violent coughing insued, you wretched as blood spilled from your lips. The girls looked at you with worry. You took another gulp.

Lucifer: "What are you doing!?"

You took a second to reply.

You: "Killing my body. Acid mixed with alcohol seems to work pretty well."

Going for another drink, the bottle was snatched from your hand. Looking right, you saw Lucifer glaring at you.

Lucifer: "YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU'RE DOING YOU IDIOT!"

You merely shrugged.

You: "I can't die, remember? Even if I kill the body, the consciousness will remain. Not to mention all the clone bodies I've got stashed around this place."

You told her, taking the bottle back. You looked at the box and pulled out a tape. Reading the label, you put it in the VHS player as the tape "Do you like hurting other people?" started playing.

The TV flickered as the tape played. Everyone watched as the screen showed you.

 Everyone watched as the screen showed you