Alternative Ending: 1.6

''Five years ago, we lost. All of us.''

Now, Katya was nervous, just like everyone else on the platform. Her suit fit perfectly, hair out of her face and the plan had been thought through completely, but despite all that, she was tense and on edge.

She couldn't look at the others, so she stared at the ground instead, Steve's voice filling her ears. On her right side, a prepared Captain. On her left, Clint, who was ready to do whatever it took to see his family again.

Katya stood there with nothing to lose. Of course she cared about her team, but she thought about herself now. She honestly didn't really care if she died on this adventure, as long as Natasha came back, she could rest peacefully. 

''We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves,'' Steve continued, looking around the small circle of friends and allies. ''Today, we have a chance to take it all back.''

Wanda, Sam, Bucky, Wakanda would have its king back.

''You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the Stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs.'' As if anyone needed reminding of that. ''Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win.'' Tony gave him a proud look. ''Whatever it takes. Good luck.''

Everyone nodded, glancing over the group one last time and taking position along the edge of the platform. Katya had trouble standing still as Tony ordered Bruce, ''All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green.''

''Tractors engaged,'' Banner confirmed. Katya was about to explode from the anxiety when a gloved hand squeezed hers shortly. She didn't have to look to her left to see who it was.

The reflectors above their heads danced until they stood in the correct position, the claustrophobic helmets slid on and from thereon out, it was one big trip. Katya had never taken any drugs, but she imagined it would be something like this.

The ground fell away from under her feet until she floated, landing in the same environment she had been before, her suit following a laid out path. The tunnels were the same, but the path different, obviously. Katya couldn't see Clint, but knew he was somewhere behind her.

The Quantum Realm spat her out on a rusty colored planet, thunderclouds above her head, accompanied by a continues rumbling. It smelled horribly and the muddy and soggy ground sucked her feet in if she stayed in the same place too long. Rocks adorned the landscape and everything was dead.

''Well, this is cozy,'' Katya started, turning in her spot to take in the whole thing, her ponytail following every movement. Everyone but Nebula had a similar look on their faces as they retracted their time travel suits into the watches on their wrists.

Clint enlarged Rocket's ship Scott had made smaller for travel. Rhodey and Nebula would stay here, Clint and Katya would step into the ship and fly to Vormir from here.

When Nebula had detached the ship from the escape pod, she walked out and said it was ready for them. She had locked in the coordinates, the only thing Katya and Clint had to do was step in.

Clint followed Katya to Rhodey, who engulfed her in a big hug. She savored this one. She and Rhodey might not look like an obvious friendship, but his sense of humor and big heart, they had that in common. And overall, she had great respect for him.

''Take care, okay?'' she stressed sternly, capturing his eyes.

Rhodey nodded. ''Take that stone and come back. No messing around.'' She nodded and walked up the ramp, waiting for Clint.