Chapter 3

When Sophie arrived at Havenfield early, Grady and Edaline were working in the pastures with Verdi, the dinosaur with neon feathers. They saw the bandages on her legs and forearm, and rushed towards her. 

"What's wrong? Are you alright? What happened?"

"Calm down! It's okay, I just had Alchemy with Lady Galvin today."

"Oh. That makes sense," Grady remarked. 

Sophie wasn't sure if she should be offended by this, so she just blabbed about what had happened, and how Elwin had sent her home early. 

"Well, you better go up to bed," Edaline said, giving Sophie a once-over. 

"Really, I don't need to-"

"I'll make some mallowmelt," Edaline bribed. 

"Fine," Sophie grumbled. Her greatest weakness was mallowmelt.

Grady laughed, and he turned around when Verdi roared.

He ran back towards Verdi's cage as he exclaimed, "Well, I better get to that. I'll be fine, Edaline. Get this girl some mallowmelt!" 

Up in her room, Sophie was working on her Multispeciesial Studies homework, when she felt her imparter vibrate beside her. 

"Hey Biana! What's up?" Sophie answered the hail, and greeted her friend.

"Sophie! Where are you? We've been waiting!"

"Oops! I'm so sorry! I forgot! I'll be right there." Sophie could hear Keefe and Fitz laughing in the background. 

Sophie hung up, then changed out of her Foxfire uniform and into a plain gray tunic, and she fixed her ponytail as she ran outside to tell her parents she was going to Everglen. 

"Alright, Sophie! Be home before dinner!"

"Love you! Bye!" Sophie yelled back, as she jumped off the cliff near Havenfield, and teleported to her friends. 

Keefe, Fitz, and Biana were waiting outside for Sophie, to let her through the glowing gates of Everglen. Instead, they heard a crack of thunder, and Sophie fell from the sky, stumbling forward, and knocking Keefe over, falling on top of him.

"Ouch, Foster!" Keefe yelped as her blonde hair fell onto his face, all though he didn't really mind it at all. 

"Sorry!" Sophie rolled off of him quickly, taking her warmth with her. 

Keefe got up, and rubbed his side. "You know, Foster, there are easier ways to sweep me off my feet."

Sophie's face grew hot as she got up and tugged out an eyelash. Biana was staring at them expectantly, and Fitz was glaring at Keefe. 

"Where's Dex?" Sophie rambled nervously, noticing his absence. 

Fitz answered quickly, still glaring at Keefe. "He couldn't come, because his dad needed help at Slurps and Burps."

"Oh."

"Who wants to play Base Quest?" Biana suggested, and Sophie happily obliged. 

"I call Foster!" Keefe shouted, earning another look from Fitz.

"No, I want Sophie!" Biana declared. "Sophie, together, we'll be unstoppable!"

"Hey! Foster, what about Team Foster-Keefe?" Keefe interrupted.