Chapter Twelve

The first thing you heard was beeps, then somebody talking. Your eyes were assaulted with bright lights. You groaned and sat up and noticed tubes and a hospital tag on your wrist. "Thank god!" Hitched exclaimed before jumping on you and hugging you. "Ouch" You mumbled and Hitch apologized, getting off you.

Annie was talking to you, but all you could think about was the picture you had seen before fainting.

He was getting married. He was getting married. He was getting-

"Ok, it seems your blood sugar dropped pretty low. Have you been eating recently?" The doctor asks and you're snapped out of your thoughts. You shake your head and he sighs. "Well, drink this and we'll chat later ok?" He hands you a chocolate pudding and a juice box. You mutter a thank you and begin eating.

"Ok, what the fuck happened on that trip," Annie asked. Both Annie and Hitch looked alarmed. And you knew it was all your fault. You wanted to tell them. You wanted to tell them all of it so fucking bad, but you couldn't.

"I think it was some bad chili cheese fries from this sketchy place," You easily made up a lie. "I got sick, so I've been hesitant to eat anything y'know?" You smiled, finishing your juice box. They both had a look in their eyes that didn't believe you, but they accepted it as the truth. "Ok, will avoid chili cheese fries now" Annie laughed. The three of you giggled and watched a random cooking tv show on the tv.

You finish talking with the doctor for the second time. Your final diagnosis was that you fainted due to stress and your blood sugar dropping. You didn't have any underlying issues, so they discharged you.

Hitch and Annie chatted as the three of you left the hospital, but you were exhausted and you were still thinking about that post. It also annoyed you how your phone had broken when you fainted, so you needed a new phone. Money had been tight recently, but the thought of asking your parents for money disgusted you. You would not be paid anytime soon and asking your parents for money wasn't an option, so you had to figure out how to budget for the rest of the month.

You were too tired and couldn't even make it to your room, so you had fallen asleep on your couch. You woke up to the smell of French toast. Hitch was showering and Annie had left somewhere, but she left a note next to the French toast. You were grateful for such great friends and you felt like you didn't deserve them. You sighed and began eating.

After eating, you changed and walked to the closest apple store and picked up the same phone. As you swiped your card, you could feel hundreds of dollars burning. You needed a coffee and walked to the coffee shop across from the store.

"Your card was declined," The short dark-haired barista said. You were mortified and felt your face getting hot. How the fuck did your card get declined over a 2 dollar coffee? "Maybe try ag-" You sputtered but were interrupted. "I got it". You turned around to see Zeke holding a card that you'd seen Eren and Jean holding before. You were even more embarrassed now and honestly wanted to make a run for it, but you stayed enduring the embarrassment.

"So nice fur face" The short barista muttered. "Ah, always a pleasure to see you, Levi" Zeke grinned, taking back his card. "Tch," Levi muttered, rolling his eyes. You realized the short barista was just like that and it wasn't you. Zeke turned towards you and handed you your coffee. "Thanks" You forced yourself to smile. "No problem" Zeke adjusted his glasses. "I was wondering when you were going to answer me, Schatz" He murmured. You took a second to think, but couldn't remember what he was talking about. He sees your face and laughs, "You really should stop drinking every time we talk". Your face burns up and you tuck your hair back.

"In my defense, my phone broke" You smirked showing him your apple bag. "Ah, Okay" He shrugged. "Are you busy then?" He asks. You thought of saying no, but you actually had nothing to do and anything to take your mind off Eren seemed good. "Nope, all free" You smiled.