Chapter Seven

"Do you wanna go on a road trip?" Eren murmured while you sat on your bed facetiming him. The gala hadn't been as interesting as you'd hoped and you finally left Eren's place. Hitch jokingly asked where you'd been but passed out drunk before you could even reply and Annie didn't seem to care.

"What?" You replied. "Visit the old town? Y'know?". You scoffed but entertained the idea, "I'd like to see you fall on your ass on the old ice rink though". Eren rolled his eyes but you could see him smiling though. Eren had been a hockey player back home which made him popular while you stayed in the shadows ignoring everyone. You had avoided everyone in order to not get hurt but you guessed it didn't help.

"Orr..., We could go to the beach" You suggested. Your college had been a perfect spot with being far enough from home but also not too close to the beach. Eren had talked to you often about admiration of the beach but the two of you still hadn't gone yet. Well, You had, but going to Jean's "beach house" which was actually hours away from an beach, didn't count. Pondering your suggestion, you continue to convince him until he is agrees.

You were glad he went with your suggestion since it was getting colder and you wanted to enjoy the beach before it was too cold. You also dreaded the thought of visiting your hometown. Too many memories you were eager to forget.

You started packing since Eren and Armin couldn't wait so you'd be leaving tomorrow morning. You had invited Hitch and Annie but Hitch had other plans and Annie felt sick. You were bummed but at least had Mikasa to keep you company. You finished and went straight to bed knowing you had to be up early.

You felt tender hands running across your face and jolted awake. You first saw Eren squatting besides your bed, giving you his usual smirk. "Sorry" You muttered getting embarrassed. He shrugs and points to your suitcase and you stand up. "Yeah, just give me a sec to change" You said looking through your closet. You sensed him still standing there and rolled your eyes. You continued to change though, it wasn't like he hadn't seen you naked.

"Mind helping?" You gestured out to Jean who was looking at himself in the mirror. Apparently the 3 idiots were also coming along aka Jean, Sasha, and Connie. Jean ignored you and you continued lugging your bag until Mikasa finally stepped in and carried it for you.

"What's the point of you guys coming if you're not going to help?" You sighed, grabbing a bottle of water. Jean looked offended while Connie and Sasha raided your pantry. "You want a nice ass place right?' He asked cockily. You surrendered and continued getting everything you needed for the trip.

Before leaving your apartment you left a note for Annie since she was sleeping and sent a text to Hitch. Eren's jeep could only hold four people so it was You, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Connie, Sasha, and Jean
The trip was supposed to take almost 6 hours and you planned to sleep for most of it. You fell asleep to the voices of Armin and Eren talking about something.

When you woke up the sun had set and was now dark outside. Mikasa and Armin had passed out so it was just Eren awake. Eren stopped at a gas station and then left the car. "C'mon" He said pointing to the convenience store. "Are you going to wake them up or should I?" You murmured, getting out of your seat. "We already stopped but you were asleep, I just stopped so you could pick up a few things". You thanked him and the both of you walked up to door, with him following after you.

You searched through aisles of chips and candy before settling on your usual. "Maybe one day you'll switch your order up" Eren chuckled. You rolled your eyes and elbowed him.

You stopped laughing realizing he was standing over you and looking at you. You gulped and as time paused around the two of you he lowered his head, his lips finally meeting yours.

You hear the bell chime as someone enters and it breaks you out of your daze. You pull away and clear your throat. "We should get going" You avoided his eyes for some reason. You weren't sure what was going on with you and him but you pushed it down.