"Okay, okay, I'm sorry I'll be more careful".

Instead of Dream just taking George's word for it, he grabbed his hand and dragged him along the lower level of the playing area. George's heart pulsed loudly in his ears, and he was no longer sure if it was from the nervousness of the game or the sweaty fingers cupping his hand. He mentally chose the first option.

Screams from the rest of the boys could be heard on the upper level, so that's where they headed next. Quackity and Bad were having an all out war at this point, relentlessly shooting each other and even pushing Karl or Sapnap in the way of the laser's target point. Dream and George stood there bewildered for a second, before joining in with the others. A buzzer went off signalling there was only 5 minutes left of this round. Quackity went feral at that point, actually achieving trick shots and doing circles around the rest of them. Karl resorted to cowering behind Sapnap, and peeking out from behind him to shoot at the others.

"GUARD ME BIG DADDY" Karl fake moaned, to which Sapnap replied that he would defend him with honour.

Dream was ducked down behind a wall, looking over the edge every so often to shoot at George. The boy's vest would signal him that he's been hit, and every single time he looked around to see who it was but Dream was quick enough to get back down before he was seen. It was quite adorable after a while, once he started to get flustered that his gun was disabled for 5 seconds after every hit. With twenty seconds left on the clock, Dream retreated from his hiding spot to jog up to George. He held out his gun to him, showing an impressive score of 10,069.

"Wow, funny number" George laughed, before holding out his own to see they shared the same score. Both boys immediately turned to point their guns at one another, eyeing each other down.

"Come on Dream, just let me have this" George whined.

Dream was quite competitive, even cocky at times. But the cute pout settled on George's face was like a trap he couldn't resist falling into. The buzzer started to count down from five, and he dropped his gun so that it was aiming at the ground. George hit him dead centre in the chest, and then began jumping up and down in glee, an exhilarated look taking over his features. Dream's face warmed at his reaction, definitely worth it, he thought.

After several rounds of running around and sweating buckets, the boys gathered outside the playing area to check the final scoreboard. The results were laid out in order from first to last.

BIG Q
Dreamwastaken
Noot Noot
Honk
BIG DADDY
BBH

"FUCK ALL YOU LOSERS," Quackity screamed at the others, throwing two triumphant fists in the air, "LETSSSA GOOO!"

"You guys are muffinheads and cheated the whole time" Bad pretended to pout like he was genuinely hurt.

"Bad, don't be upset, you can't help that you're so garbage at every game" Karl stated hugging him, consoling the boy in his own evil way.

Dream raised his eyebrows and looked over to George, as if to say "I knew I would win". George quickly threw up his middle finger and made a disgusted face at him. Dream smiled so wide it looked like his face could break in half.

"Well then let's head to the arcade" Sapnap interrupted the bantering that was now going on between the boys, swiftly turning on his heel to pace his way towards a Whack-A-Mole machine.

The rest practically speed walked to their game of choice, Bad opting for a motorcycle game while Karl and Quackity started a dance off.

George felt himself being pulled to Dream, and as per usual they broke off into their own little world together. They were like magnets- an invisible force constantly tugging them toward one another for closeness. Dream tried not to grin when he heard George's light footsteps following closely behind him.

"So George, what do you wanna do?" Dream questioned him, turning to face him. George almost bumped right into his chest at the abrupt stop.

"Uh- I- like skee-ball, I guess?" He shrugged his shoulders and shuffled his feet awkwardly on the funky patterned carpet beneath him.

"Skee-ball it is"
_______________________

Dream was drastically beating George, getting almost every single ball in the 1000 score hole. George failed many times, the ball completely missing every hole and then rolling back toward him. His face was flushed with frustration and embarrassment.

"You okay there, Georgie?" Dream huffed out in laughter.

"'M fine. These stupid balls won't throw right"

"Sure, that's it. Lemme show you"

Dream effortlessly plucked a ball from the gutter below him and brought it behind his back, then skillfully swung it forward. The ball quickly rolled down the lane then shot up, right into the 1000 hole. George's mouth was agape in utter shock. What was there that Dream couldn't do?

"Okay now you do that" Dream suggested, cockiness clear as day in the way of his words.

"You're an idiot"

Dream simply laughed and held out a ball to George, asking him to take it. Once the ball was in George's grasp, Dream lightly cupped the back of his hand to guide him through the movement. The contact felt like hot fire against his skin, every nerve ending igniting in flames. His breathing hitched when he felt Dream's warm breath brush the nape of his neck, he was so close.

With one swift movement, Dream launched the ball forward and George let go, watching as it rolled up and into the 1000 score hole. George cheered in victory and looked back at Dream to see a fond look settled in his light emeralds.

So there went Dream, teaching George over and over again, just to get that same reaction out of him that made his knees weak and his chest full.

George would never admit it, but he purposely failed a few times just to feel Dream reach for his hand once more.
________________
kind of a short filler chapter to show their awesome friendship ;)!! good stuff is coming soon:]