𝐒𝐈𝐗

0 6 ; DOUGHNUTS

━━━━━ AMANE YUGI WAS IN LOVE. In love with the most scrumptious and delightful dessert ( well, for him ) ever made — the love of his life, donuts.

Right after taking Blue Explosion home and eating lunch, they headed towards a certain shop from down the street and near the station, which sells one of the best donuts he had ever tasted. Of course, nothing could ever defeat the homemade donuts his mother makes for him.

"They all look so tasty," Amane says dreamily, wiping the possible drool from the side of his mouth as the both of them stood by the front of the bakery. Behind the glass, the lovely products made by the shop were displayed exclusively to show off its mouth-watering creations. "I. . . can feel all my money being spent on these. I'm so hungry."

"Hungry? We just ate lunch, if you have forgotten," Nene deadpanned at him. "You're such a big fan of donuts."

"I'm their biggest fan, and what about it?"

"The problem is that you're literally pigging out on them again when you just had a round of homemade donuts earlier," the young lass crossed her arms. "But whatever. It's not that I can do anything about it! Better to have fun and not regret, you know?"

"Well said." Amane gave her a thumbs-up and grinned.

And then, he turned back to the glass, looking oh-so close — his face was literally pressing on the glass already. The young boy put his hands on the surface, not minding how embarrassing he could've looked like. Nene could do nothing but facepalm.

"What are you doing?"

Nene gasped and hurriedly pried her dear friend from the glass surface, weary. Amane turned to her, raising an eyebrow, "What?"

She gestured him the reason using her eyes. When he turned to look, there stood a tall boy by the doorway of the shop, dressed in a highschool uniform. He had spiky hair and these purple eyes, staring down at the both of them. The boy raised an eyebrow at them, "Don't press your face against the glass."

"I-I'm sorry," Amane's cheeks became warm as he looked away, scratching his cheek.

"Hey!" A voice from the inside called out. Soon, a girl with beige hair tied to a red ribbon came out; she wore a matching highschool uniform and held a pair of tongs. Her gaze fell towards Amane and she glared at him. "You're gonna cause moist on the glass, you know?!"

"I-I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to!"

"I swear, if you do that again I'm gonna beat you up," she snarled at him, threatening to smack him. "I'm the one who cleans that, okay?"

"Easy, you're always so grumpy," the tall boy crossed his arms. "Yako, you're gonna scare them away. They're just kids."

"Not you telling me that, Tsuchigomori."

"So," the boy named Tsuchigomori turned to them after Yako turns back and sashayed away. "Are you guys gonna go in or what? Yako's just like that but her cooking is really nice. She makes those best-selling donuts."

Amane gasped in amazement, nearly crying, "Really?!"

- - -

"You really ended up pigging out," Nene murmured as she looked at Amane, a palm on her cheek. "Oh well, Amane-kun."

"It's just luck that I got to get along with Yako-san," he grinned at her as he munched onto his donuts one by one, savouring every taste of the glazed donuts. "I didn't lie about anything I said though."

While Yako — the highschool girl who's the daughter of the owner of the shop — was mad about what Amane did earlier with the glass incident, it melted away when Amane talked non-stop about her wonderful and god-given creations, eventually being kinder and more soft-spoken, although there was still a hint of pride in her.

"You two," the beige-haired girl walked towards their table and handed them a paper bag of some extra donuts. She smiled. "Here."

"Are you serious?" Tsuchigomori raised his eyebrows at her as he sat in front of the counter, gazing at his friend. "You're not Yako."

"You shut up," she rolled her eyes at him. "Even if I made all these things here in the shop, no one hardly ever tells me that they're really amazing and spectacular. That kid made my day."

"Yako-san, are you sure it's okay for us to have these?" Nene gestured to what she had given earlier, doubting. "We don't have any extra money because this one right here has spent all of them."

"Oh, it's okay, don't worry about it!" Yako beamed. "It's on the house. Just make sure to refrain from pressing against the glass outside though. I'll definitely kick your butts, no hesitation for the second time."

"Noted!"

Tsuchigomori helped Yako around as the cashier as she went back to the kitchen, getting fresh bread ready, spreading wonderful aroma around the place which made them feel even comfortable. Nene turned to Amane as she bit on her own donut, "Do you think we should tell them? They're really. . . nice."

He blinked at her for a few seconds, "I don't really know and I'm not sure if you ask me about that again. They won't believe us either way."

"I can always just show them proof."

"But they're nearly adults. You remember how they don't believe in kids easily, right?" Amane shrugged. "Let's just. . . let it go and think of the few more days we have."

"I feel like we're very selfish for doing this," Nene sighed. "But yeah, I guess this is for the best."

The young boy hummed, "What's next and up for you tomorrow?"

"Oh, wait," Nene puts down her donut for a second and fished out a folded paper from her pockets. "Here."

After unfolding it, they read its next contents.

" Have someone paint me. "