Part 5: Boop

Forgot to mention this in advance but this book will contain very mild cussing, if this isn't your cup of tea, I completely respect that, you can leave the story now. And if not, enjoy! :D

Marley was quiet compared to the noisy bustle you'd known growing up. War will do that to a place. Or a person. 

You raced after Eren, panting for breath as you followed him into the shiny black car that was waiting for the two of you. Guards coated nearly every fathomable surface; walkways, rooftops, and lining the street, watching you with cruel, eagle eyes but frankly it was the man you were nervously chasing after that had you more afraid. 

The inside of the car had two parallel benches and a separate space for the driver. Eren sat with his knees spread widely on the far bench so you had no choice but to sit on the near one across from him. You blushed as you noticed that you'd sat down with your knees interlocked in Eren's, only inches apart. 

Shit.

You glanced up slowly to the tall man's face, and let out a soft sigh of relief when you saw that he hadn't noticed and was still glaring at the wall, his expression still slightly enraged from whatever had happened on the boat. 

As the car started you squirmed back slightly, trying to prevent your legs from touching his awkwardly. Just as you thought you were in the clear, Eren's knee lurched forward and touched yours. 

"Boop." 

You looked up quickly, terror rippling through your body. Eren was staring at you, observing you silently, the slightest hint of a smirk on his lips from his little stunt. 

"You're still scared of me." He observed, his expression unreadable as his emerald eyes eyed you curiously. 

You didn't know how to respond to that. Yes, you were terrified. Marley had almost its entire military waiting outside because of Eren, of course you were scared of him! But you were also too scared to say so. 

When Eren realized he wasn't going to get a response out of you he sighed, turning to rest his head against the wall. 

"You shouldn't  talk to Armin." He muttered bitterly after a moment. 

You blinked as what Jean and Armin had told you echoed through your head. Eren had turned on his own best friends, he was a loose cannon... he could turn on anyone. You gulped, glancing over at Eren again but this time trying to figure the man out. 

The car came to a sudden stop, jolting you to the side. 

Would he turn on you?

Kinda a filler, sorry about that, I'll try to keep things rolling in the future. 

Anyway, thanks for reading! I love hearing about your thoughts and reactions if you'd like to share and STAY TUNED FOR NEXT TIME MWAHAHAHA! 

Plz try to stay safe! Your health matters, you matter!

-author <3