she adjusted her grip, beginning to pay more attention.

"and your husband? is he a doctor too?" izzie interrogated.

veronica's eyes widened, "izzie, lay off the questions, we're doctors not detectives."

callie sent her a quick glare before turning back to the patient, "what are you trying to ask me, dr stevens? my history? my marital status? my deep dark little secrets?"

"i'm george's best friend."

"oh, i see. well, it's just funny because from what i understand, as his best friend, you haven't been the best matchmaker in the past," callie insulted.

once the leg was popped back in, izzie left straight away.

veronica sent callie a smile, "sorry about her. she's... protective."

callie raised an eyebrow, "from what george told me, you're his best friend, not izzie. so, why aren't you asking all these questions?"

veronica shrugged, "because george is an adult and i love him, as a friend, but you seem good for him and even if it doesn't last, which is not what i'm saying will happen, he still needs you in his life. he likes you so i like you and whatever questions i have he can ask, not me. your relationship is between you and him, not you, him and me."

callie nodded, smiling, "he was right when he said you were the nice one."

veronica laughed, "thanks, callie. sorry, dr torres."

"you can call me callie."

"okay, call me ronnie then. see you later callie."

---

cristina, izzie, george and veronica sat around eating lunch, george and izzie telling them about meredith's secret family that she didn't know about. it was interrupted by the chief, who was telling them how cristina was kicking his ass at one of the courses the hospital was running. he then realised how awkward it was and left, leaving cristina to gloat about how she really was kicking his ass.

meredith joined them, george leaving as soon as she sat down. which led to her revealing that she had seen her father and cristina blabbing about her sister, asking if she had met her.

"cristina, she didn't know about her yet," veronica hissed. "sorry, mer, you got a family you didn't know about."

---

veronica was helping callie clean up when meredith stormed in, obviously freaking out. callie let her smash up the cast. she watched on, worried.

"she is not alright," veronica muttered.

izzie had entered at some point, veronica not knowing when as she watched meredith. she began asking callie about george, only for callie to dismiss her, telling them about how he made her world stop but that izzie and meredith didn't really see him.

veronica smiled, "that's sweet."

callie sent her a grateful look before she stormed out, only stopping to tell meredith to clean up when she was done.

---

meredith entered veronica's room that evening, crawling straight into bed with her. she held out a hand. veronica grabbed a slice of pizza from the box beside her bed, handing it to her. meredith didn't speak as she ate.

"bad day?" veronica quipped.

meredith nodded, "doc is sick. the vet was hot. george helped me hide from my dad."

sunshine | mark sloanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें