i missed your smell

It's been  a long day of running around with Oak in the mortal world. They're both laying on the couch eating chocolate ice cream and watching cartoons. Vivi is with Heather on the kitchen, making dinner for the five of them and Taryn is embroidering flowers on the sleeves of Jude's clothes.

Cardan is in Elfhame, running some royal errands, missing Jude, while The Roach and The Bomb are cuddling on a coach. "Roach, come here" Cardan says. The Roach looks away from The Bomb to look at Cardan. "... Why?" He's half frowning, half questioning. "I can't take you two anymore, I'm challenging you to a duel" Even though everyone knows Cardan can't use a sword, The Roach gets up, intrigued. "Are you, uhm, sure?" Roach doesn't understand anything, but he never backs away from a duel. He draws his sword with his right hand and gets into a fighting stance, noticing that Cardan doesn't even have a sword on him. "How are we..." Cardan grabs a carrot from the table and throws it at The Roach. "You didn't think I was stupid enough to challenge you to an actual sword fight, did you?" A stupid grin on his face.

Suddenly, Jude looks out the window. "What happened?" Vivi says, intrigued. "Cardan is doing something stupid, I can feel it" Vivi shakes her head and laughs"Oh, my God". They all have dinner together and then say goodbye. "Well, I think it's time I get going, I gotta see what stupid shit my dear husband did while I was gone". They all hug and Vivi makes a green horse for her to go back home. As usual, a wave of joy goes trough her when the horse takes to the skies and starts flying. She can't help it. 

She arrives at the Palace and Fand goes to her. "Tell me, what did he do today?" Jude asks while she walks to the throne room. "He... He challenged The Roach to a duel..." Fand starts answering, but Jude stops her "What?! He doesn't know how to use a sword! I knew he did something stupid" She starts rushing, fearing that Cardan might be hurt. "...to a carrot duel..." Fand finishes the sentence. Jude starts laughing "Oh my God, that sounds more like him. But I don't know what's more stupid, to be honest". They both laugh as they arrive at the throne room.

Cardan sees her as the doors open and runs towards her. He picks her up and holds her. "What the? This is nice" Jude gives in and holds him tighter. "I missed your smell" Cardan says as he puts his head between her head and her shoulder. "And what do I smell like?" Jude didn't see that coming. "Home" The fact that he can't lie makes her feel eyes sting a bit. Home. "You're my home too".

art by lilithsaur on twitter